Just let the weight on my shoulders
Keep on weighing me down
A little bit longer, I'm alright
Don't worry 'bout me
I'm doing fine

Nothing's wrong, nothing's wrong, it's just a
A bad week, we all have those
There's no point in complaining, so just let it go
Yeah, clear your head, get your poker face on
'Cause this is embarrassing
Push it down, you don't have to let the whole world know

You know me, that I won't
Tell you what's really going on
I gotta deal with this alone

So let the waves crash down
And keep it all inside
Don't try to work me out
I've done it all my life

Just let the weight on my shoulders
Keep on weighing me down
A little bit longer, I'm alright
Don't worry about me
I'm doing fine
I'm doing fine

But I gotta tell you
Sometimes I feel like I am
Losing my mind when I say
I'm doing fine, I'm doing fine, I'm doing fine

I let the waves crash down
But if I'm honest I
Need you to help me out
I need a hand sometimes

Don't let the weight on my shoulders
Keep on weighing me down
For one minute longer, I'm so tired
So can you help me?
I'm not doing fine
I'm not doing fine

Don't let the weight on my shoulders
Keep on weighing me down
For one minute longer, I'm so tired
So can you help me?
I'm not doing fine

   Alex looked up at Hailee almost as if she was trying to find something. Alex really wasn't the hugger type of person but right now that's all she wanted was a hug. She hasn't been hugged ever since her dad died all those years ago. Alex set the guitar down beside her as she expected tears to flood her eyes but she fought them off keeping her eyes dry. She kept the pick in her hand squeezing it tightly never wanting to let go. Alex squeezed her eyes shut again wanting to be anywhere but in this moment; she wanted to see her dad again or even one last time. She wanted to tell him everything her mom has done to get cash out of her. She wants to tell him that she met a real celebrity. She wants to tell him that she's doing okay, but most of all Alex just wants to feel his arms around her again. Suddenly she felt arms wrap around her but she knows they arnt her dads. They sat there for a moment before Alex finally gave in sliding her hands around Hailee pulling her closer. Alex rested her ear on Hailee's chest hearing her heartbeat as Hailee ran her fingers through her hair. Tears formed in Alex's eyes and this time there was no fighting them off they came full force flooding her eyes and slowly dripping down her cheeks. Alex wanted to close her eyes and go to sleep on the spot but at the same time she couldn't get over how perfectly Hailee's arms were sealed around her making her feel safe. She didn't even feel this safe in Braden's arms. The only person who has ever made her feel this way was her father. When he hugged Alex she felt like she had a little invisible force field around her where nothing outside could hurt her. That's how she felt right now the way Hailee was hugging her she felt nothing else could touch her and no harm would come. The moment quickly ended when a pain shot through Alex's ribs causing her to jolt up out of pain. "What are you okay?" Hailee said alarmed reaching her hands out gently grabbing Alex's arms. "No im okay just a pain" Alex had to put her hand over her stomach to try to ease the pain but of course it didn't work. Hailee quickly got up going to the bathroom. She came back with meds in her hands. "Here take these." Hailee shoved them towards here forcing Alex to put them in her hands. "What are they?" Alex questioned holding up the pill. Hailee rolled her eyes, "Really you think I'm going to try and poison you or something." She sighed with a small smile on her face causing Alex to gain one as well. "There painkillers. You need them then maybe you can fall asleep." Alex nodded taking the pill the quickly getting a sip of water that Hailee had brought her. Hailee carefully picked up the guitar setting it back in the velvet case and latching it shut setting it beside the bed letting Alex have room to lay down. Alex soaked into the sheets letting Hailee cover her up and tuck her in. Hailee went to walk out the door when Alex suddenly felt a pang of sadness hit her. "Wait, Firecracker." Alex said making Hailee turn around, "Yes?" "Do you mind staying?" Hailee walked back over to the bed as her shoes softly hit the wood flooring. "Alex I would love to stay here with you but my parents have a monthly supper so we can all get together again and not be to distant." Alex nodded her head as she looked up at Hailee with saddened eyes. "Don't worry I will be back right after." Hailee leaned down gently pressing her lips to Alex's forehead making the sides of her lips curve up into a small smile. Hailee softly returned the smile before walking out of the door. Alex watched as she closed the door behind her as the pang of loneliness came back. After a little bit the painkillers finally started making Alex feel drowsier and drowsier. She slowly closed her eyes letting sleep take over her.

  "You awake?" She heard a faint voice say in the distance." Alex started walking towards it as it slowly got louder. Her eyes opened seeing Hailee there with a smile on her face. "Good morning sleepyhead. How are you feeling?" She whispered not wanting to be to loud as Alex had just woken up. "I'm better" Hailee gave her a knowing look, "You said that yesterday." "But this time I really mean it." Alex said as a small giggle came out of her. Hailee softly smiled back. Alex reached for her hand grabbing it then pulling her into the bed.