To Friendships & What Ifs

Start from the beginning

But despite all the hardships, you were happy. Happier than you have ever been.

The four years you've spent studying to be a doctor was harder than the life you are currently living in. You were constantly pressured by the expectations your family have in you and there wasn't a time to catch a break. You have to be the best, they expect you to always be the best. And it was suffocating. It was lonely, it was something you never wanted to experience again.

Though you are saddened by the fact that even your family didn't supported you, you didn't let it stop you. As greedy as it may sound to others you will do what you want to do. Its your life, and they cannot dictate what you do with it. This is what makes you happy.

But what made you a million times happier is none other than her.

Everyone left you behind, but she didn't.

Kim Jennie.

The person behind your success.

The person who supported you all the way.

The person who never left you behind.

She was the person who stayed when everyone else left you. She made sure that you eat three times a day. She made sure that your house is always clean, and that it is conducive for living. She made sure that you are not sick. She made sure that you are always okay.

You have always been with Jennie since you were in high school. She looks cold from others perspective but its not true. Jennie is a kind and soft hearted person. Her close friends knows about it. A lot of times she gets into trouble because of her resting face but that is just how she really looks.

Truth be told, Jennie is the sweetest girl in the world. She takes good care of her loved ones — you included — in more ways than you can count.

She is the first person who believed in you. Jennie told you to pursue what you really want to be. You gained courage from her words that night you two were hanging around at a local park.

It was already late, and Jennie invited you for dinner at this restaurant she found online. After that you found yourselves walking without a place in mind when you stumbled upon a park you have never visited before.

The two of you walking side by side in comfortable silence. Enjoying each others company as you continued your night stroll. You cannot help but sigh deeply as it was the first time you have been out in a while. Final exams are about to come, and you trapped yourself inside your room to study. Jennie called you repeatedly and you didn't noticed it so she went to your apartment. And when she arrived, she scolded you big time. She scolded you for not even noticing the blood dripping down from your nose. You've been studying since morning and you haven't taken a break, you skipped two meals already and Jennie wouldn't allow you to skip dinner as well. Dragging you out of your apartment she brought you to the nearest restaurant so you could eat together and one thing led to another and now you are here.

You keep looking here and there at the well lit park. The flowers blooming this time around made the place beautiful. The cold air was a bit chilly but it makes you feel alive. The way the moon shines as well as the many stars that painted the sky looks too pretty not to be seen, and you are somehow disappointed in yourself for not leaving you apartment more often at night. You were thankful and embarrassed that Jennie had to practically drag you out of your apartment to see what you've been missing. You are really lucky to have her, and just by thinking of it graces your face with a smile.

Jennie took notice of it as she stares at you. "What are you smiling about?"

"I am just happy."

"Of what?"