32. good news

real life
(unedited)

          Bella had been sent to the store by Maya and Quinn, because she needed to do some grocery shopping. Bella had been given a list, and got in the car. She grabbed a cart and began crossing things off the list as she put them in the cart.

          Bella had been at the store for like an hour, she got everything in the list plus some other things she wanted just because she felt like it. She was tempted to go to the mall as well but she had ice crème that needed to get in the freezer.

          Bella payed for the groceries and made her way back home. When she got there she texted Maya letting her know that she was back and needed help with the groceries. Quinn came out and grabbed them and brought them to the kitchen.

          Maya began putting them away as the two siblings brought them in. Once all of the bags were inside they helped put them away. Quinn made dinner and the three sat down together at the table.

          Bella didn't miss the slight awkwardness or the looks the two adults shared. She was a bit confused but, she stayed quiet and kept eating her dinner. The two kept looking at Bella, almost to see if they could tell her.

          "Oh, my god. What?" Bella sighed as she looked at the two.

          "Nothing." The two said at the same time

          "Clearly it's something. I know something's up, what is it?" Bella asked looking between the two.

          "We just- we're wondering..." Quinn began.

          "Does this apartment feel crowded, or do you think there is room for more people?" Maya asked.

          "That's an odd question. Uh... there's room for more people. Why? Are you pregnant?" Bella asked Maya chuckling like it was ridiculous. But by the looks of Maya and Quinn's face she new it was true.

          "Oh, your are! Oh, my god!" Bella said gasping when she realized the truth and standing up and hugging Maya.

          "Why are you more excited then us?" Maya asked

          "Because, I can get a puppy soon."

          "When did we say that?" Quinn asked

          "It's been scientifically proven that having a puppy in a household significantly raises moods." Bella said to her brother trying to convincer him to let her have a puppy.

          "Show me the article it's in."

          "Please." Bella begged

          "I'm not paying for it." Quinn said. Bella smiled, knowing she would be getting a puppy and a niece or nephew.

          "Is that why you sent me to the store?" Bella asked Maya.

          "Yeah. I didn't know how to tell both of you at the same time." Maya said almost crying.

           "Don't cry. There is going to be a baby and a puppy in this apartment." Bella said smiling.