Loved

Summary: During your concert you surprise your girlfriend with the song that you wrote about her.

A/n: Songs used: Home by Gabrielle Aplin & Loved by Lucy Hale

~

You loved being on tour, playing your music for your fans, and traveling the world at the same time. However, there was also a downside to this part of your career. You had to miss your favorite people for long periods of time. Of course, there were many facetime calls with them, but it wasn't the same as having them beside you. There were only a few shows left on your European tour before you'd fly back home to London, where you'd perform your final show at The O2.

While on tour, you used every moment that you weren't performing or out exploring the cities you were in on writing new songs. Being away from your loved ones sucked, but it also helped you in your songwriting. Your thoughts often on the memories you created with them. Right now you are strumming rhythms on your acoustic guitars, as your mind wanders to the first time that you met your girlfriend.

It was a little over three years ago. You arrived at your shared home with your sister around 2am, after being on tour. Leah had insisted on picking you up from the airport, but you declined time and time again, since you knew she would have training in the morning. After leaving your bags in the living room, you quietly made your way over to your bedroom. Upon entering you noticed that your sister was sound asleep in your bed. You didn't think much of it, maybe she just missed you. So, you head over to her room but when you opened the door slightly, you noticed that her bed was occupied. It was too dark to see who it was, but you softly closed the door to Leah's bedroom and made your way back to your own. After finding some clothes to sleep in, you slipped into your bed beside your sister. The moment that your head hit the pillow, you were gone, the tiredness of touring catching up to you.

Your night wasn't long, as Leah's 6am alarms woke you abruptly, "Leah, please shut that off." Leah jumped at the sound of your voice. "Don;t ever scare me like that again." She said with a warning look. You simply shrug, "You're the one in my bed." Leah quickly turned off the loud ringing of her alarm and fell back on the bed hugging you tight. "I can't believe you're back, I've missed you so much." You smile into her shoulder, "I've missed you too, Leah." Your sister is about to get up when you pull her back down, "Are you not going to tell me who the girl sleeping in your bed is?" Leah rolls her eyes jokingly, "Of course I was, I just figured you wanted to sleep some more first. Her name is Alessia Russo, she-" You interrupt her, "Just joined Arsenal." You were an avid football fan, and just like Leah, your favorite team had been Arsenal from a young age, so even when you were away you kept taps on your team. Leah nods, "Yeah, I told her she could stay here until she finds a place of her own, which worked out great because the house was feeling rather empty without you here." You act hurt, "You just replaced me?" Both of you laugh, basking in the feeling of being together again. "How about after practice the three of us get lunch together, so I can introduce the two of you properly?" You nod with a smile, "That sounds nice." Leah changes into her training gear before heading downstairs, you hear her and Alessia talking faintly but soon fall back asleep, not even hearing them leave.

From the first moment you met Alessia in person, the two of you connected instantly, as Leah had expected. During the lunch you had gotten to know Alessia a bit, as well as told them all about your tour. Alessia moved out about a week later, finding a nice apartment a few blocks over. Leah had been with Arsenal for years, and her teammates were as much her friends, as they were yours. So, like always, you met up with the girls often, getting closer and closer with Alessia as the months went by, until eventually she had asked you on a date.

The first few months of dating Alessia were on your mind as you worked on the song. You both had to learn to speak each other's love languages, as they were different from each other. Even while figuring out how to best show your love to the other, you felt nothing but love in whatever way Alessia showed it. You start testing out some lyrics, writing down the ones you like. When you had the general idea of the song figured out, the lyrics came easy, as did your love for Alessia.