Powers | 1 |

You know, sitting on your bed reading a book, then suddenly teleporting to the other side of your room isn't exactly normal. You stood for a minute trying to process what just happened, did you actually just teleport? No, you couldn't have, right?

"Dad!" You yelled while walking out your room. What the fuck was going on?

You walked through the short hallway leading outside your room and down the stairs into the living room where your dad was currently sitting.

"Oh, hi sweetie. Do you need anything?" He asked rather cheerfully as he paused the video on the tv, you weren't even sure what he was watching, probably some tv show or series.

You stood in shock for a moment before replying, "I just fucking teleported across my room." you said, immediately getting straight to the point. You needed answers, and now.

He gave you a warning look as he didn't seem to appreciate your language, he sighed before speaking again. "I knew I'd have to tell you someday, but I didn't think it would be this soon." He motioned for you to come and sit down.

You sat down next to him on the sofa, what did he know that you didn't? You looked at him curiously, waiting for him to speak up. What did he even mean by that, and how was it linked to you literally teleporting across your room. You had so many questions needing answered.

You snapped out of your thoughts as he started speaking, "Before you were born... I was the elemental master of teleportation." He took a brief pause before continuing, "And now, those powers have been passed onto you."

You took a minute to process what he just said, was this some sick joke? No, it couldn't be. It was too real. "So... That means I can teleport?" You asked hesitantly while looking up at him.

"Yes, sweetie. With practice and training you will be able to teleport." He replied calmly while you gave him a confused look.

"Training?" You repeated curiously, what did he mean by that?

He nodded, "Yes, training. I could teach you how to control your power." he smiled at you while you were still trying to process all of this.

You stared at him blankly for a few seconds, you were an elemental master. But how? That didn't matter anymore, you could teleport. The thought of teleporting excited you, it made you wonder, what else could you do?

"Can we start now?" you asked excitedly while basically jumping up, off the sofa. You had powers, actual magical powers. You started slightly jumping about in your place, you had too much energy already and this information only made you more hyper.

He smiled widely and chuckled a bit at your excitement. "Alright, just calm down first."

◇─◇─◇──◇─◇─◇─◇──◇─◇─◇

That was years ago, when you were little. But you weren't so little anymore. You had learned to control your power now, and were actually quite good at it.

You could effectively teleport around quite quickly and change poses while doing so, which was good in combat. Though you only got to practice with your dad and occasionally show your mum, since you and your dad decided it would be better to stay hidden.

You didn't know how people would react if they found out you had a power, you were a normal civilian in Ninjago city. Revealing yourself would cause people to treat you differently, and it could attract some... unwanted attention.

You punched your punching bag a few times, before teleporting to the other side and kicking it. You continued teleporting around and hitting it, you had been doing this every day for the past few years, and it got easier the more you did it.