Chapter 4 : Bad news.

•No one's POV•

The hamato household was tense and silent. Leo was anxiously waiting for Donnie to tell him that Mikey would be okay. He desperately wanted to hear that news. Donnie was working on patching up Mikey's wound, he was under serious pressure. And he felt that he was failing as a brother. And then there was Raph. Now it's not that Raph didn't care about Mikey, or that he didn't feel bad for what he had done, it was just hard to own up to it. So instead of mourning the tragic accident, he pretended that everything was normal. This made Leo frustrated. He felt that Raph couldn't own up to his own selfish actions.

Raph came out of his room 2 hours after the fight with Donnie. Mikey and Donnie still being in the lab at that time. Leo was on the couch, but he got up and went to talk to Raph.

"Raph we need to talk." Leo said sternly.

"As much as I would LOVE to fearless, I can't I'm in the middle of something important." Raph said.

"Oh I'm sorry Raph, is talking about the actions that you committed to hard for you? Well, if that's the case then why don't you leave the lair, because this is a conversation we are having." Leo said roughly. Leo's eyes were slits and it was very obvious that he was angered by his own brother.

"No Leo, it's not hard for me to talk about what happened. But I don't feel like talking about it. What's done is done, and Mikey will come around and forgive me once he wakes up, then everything will be normal again." Raph said.

"In case you haven't noticed, Mikey's condition is in awful shape right now. In fact Donnie is working on stopping his abdomen from bleeding as we speak. So I don't know if your plan of just 'waiting till Mikey wakes up to forgive you' will work out very well. I wouldn't be surprised if Mikey never forgave you, Raph." Leo said. His voice was deeper than usual. It was obvious Raph needed a wake up call and Leo was going to give it to him wether he likes it or not.

"Your forgetting who we are talking about Leo. This is Mikey we are speaking of, correct? It literally doesn't matter what you do to him, he always forgives people and let's it go. Maybe you should act like Mikey, hm?" Raph says sarcastically with a small grin.

"Your the one to talk Raphael. If I'm not mistaken this whole incident occurred because Mikey 'lost Spike' so Raph maybe take your own advice." Leo snapped back.

It was silent. No one spoke a word. The two brothers were angered by each other's presence, and it was tense. Very tense.
Donnie's lab door opened and broke the silence between the two.
Donnie had a look a guilt and sadness in his eyes.
Leo and Raph were just staring at him waiting for him to say what was happening.

He finally spoke.

"Mikey is in coma, and as of this moment, I'm unsure if he will wake up." His voice was shaky and he didn't look up to see his brothers faces. He just stared at the ground.

"..."

Raph stood there, just staring at Donnie. It seemed like he finally understood the real consequences of his actions. Leo was also just standing there, his body tensed and he wanted to cry, but he didn't let himself. He wanted to be strong for Mikey, for his little brother.

Before any words could be said to each other Raph went to his room and shut his door. Leo watched him leave, and felt even more rage than what he felt before this awful news.

'How could he just leave after hearing what he just hear, this is all his fault.' Leo thought.

Donnie ended up going back into his lab, and sat in his chair besides Mikey. He locked up the lab, and silently cried.
He felt the most guilt of anyone, he felt that if he had stopped Raph sooner and not have froze up, he would have been able to completely stop Raph from stabbing Mikey.
All he could do was wait in despair.

But Leo, he had no time for that. He marched up to Raphs room and barged in, without knocking.
Raph was on the floor hugging his knees, and looked up to see a teary eyed Leo full of rage infront of him.

"Raphael. I know that your anger issues are serious, but how could you do this, to Mikey?!" Before Leo could let Raph answer he coldly said "Just so you know, if Mikey ends up dead, I cannot forgive you. If he ends up waking up, I can but I would need time. Just so your informed."

Raph looked at his angry older brother and nodded. He looked back at the floor.
Leo let out a sigh.

"I just don't get it Raph.. Can you please just talk to me about why you went this far? Please?" Leo asked softly.

"I don't know Leo, okay?! I know my anger issues aren't an excuse for what I did! I know that! And I'm sorry, I just.. wasn't in control. It felt like I was a puppet and a angry spirit was just done with all the things Mikey did to annoy me, and I just snapped.. And if you can't forgive me I understand. But just know that I'm sorry." Raph said.

Leo just looked at him. Even though Leo was furious, he also wanted to stick together with his brothers. He still stands with what he said, but at the moment Mikey is not dead, so he felt that he could stay by Raph at the time. Leo got closer to Raph and rested his head on his shoulder. Raph looked at Leo with disbelief for a second but then laid his head onto Leo's.

"Even though I'm furious with you.. Mikey isn't dead right now, and we need to support each other."