Part 9 - Nights out and chaos

Start from the beginning

"Anyways , Andrew, I'd like to introduce you to Lexi." Terry paused "My Girlfriend." Lexi's eyes widened. That was the first time he had ever called me his girlfriend. It may not look that obvious but there was quite an age gap with me being 20 and Terry being 31. This place must of meant a lot to him if it was the first place he introduced me as his girlfriend! 

Lexi shook Andrews hand, looking down trying to hide the red patches on my cheeks. She  looked over at Terry who just sat back there smiling back at her. He knew what every word he said would do to her.  

Andrew pulled out his pad of paper. "Can I get you some drinks to start you off? Our wine of the day is-" Andrew was interrupted "No wine necessary! We will take to coke floats." Terry responded. Lexi smiled to herself. Terry would never drink when he was with Lexi since she was no legally allowed at least that is until her birthday. Only two weeks away. And he remembered her favourite drink making her insides got soft. "Got it!" Andrew said as he left with his little pad of paper.  

The night was wonderful. They listen to the piano. So peaceful yet amusing they only looked up when there drinks arrived. "Hey I got something to show you." Terry said breaking Lexi from her trance of watching the piano. He took her hand as he guided her through people ending up at a quite area at a wall of photos. He pointed up at one of the framed photos on the wall. "This is me with the owner from a couple years ago.  

"That's you on the piano." Lexi asked shocked. He never thought Terry was a musician kind of guy. Terry laughed "Yeah.." He cringed as he looked harder at the photo. "Wait you play." Lexi asked "Sure do, one of the reasons I am so popular round here. I used to be the headliner here every weekend." He said proudly "That's amazing!" Lexi exclaimed. 

"Hey I'm going to the bathroom I will be back in a sec." Lexi said "Okay, my love," Terry replied as he pecked a soft kiss on Lexi's forehead before she disappeared. After a while she came out the bathroom to a new song. A more upbeat one, the jazz band in the back playing along. She made her way back over to the table. But he wasn't there. Only two glasses of melted coke- floats.   

Oh, no he didn't. 

Lexi thought she could not fall for him anymore than she did, but she was wrong. He was up there on the piano. He had a smile on his face like she had never seen before.  

Lexi cut between people and tables. Trying to make it to the front to watch him play. Everyone was drinking and clapping along to the familiar tunes. A group of five girls stood next to me. They looked like they were in there early thirties  Cheering Terry on like a bunch of fangirls, you could tell they were drunk. The song came to a close, Keys banging the tempo slowing down to an epic finish. Everyone went wild.  

When Terry finished he came over to Lexi. "How'd I do?" He asked. Lexi shook her head and giggled "You're joking me right? You were insane!" Lexi said before punching him in the arm. "Why didn't you tell me that you played?" Lexi questioned him. "Actually I was hoping I could show you one night if I ever brought you here." He replied with a dorky grin on his face. 

They were interrupted by one of the girls coming over. "That was amazing Mr silver. It's so great to have you back." Lexi took that as her ticket to leave the conversation. As she squeezed Terry's hand on the way out.    

"Thanks, I'm a little rusty." Terry replied scratching the back of his head awkwardly wanting to leave the conversation.  

"Well I thought you were amazing." The girl said, placing a hand on his shoulder. He quickly moved back making the girls hand fall off his shoulder. He rolled his eyes. "Um thanks. Now listen, I better be going back, I bet your going to love the next one." Terry said before climbing back up the stairs to the piano. Lexi made her way back to the front and once again end up next to the group of girls.