I'm not interested in seeing men run in nude in the middle of the day. I have better things to do like practice my overhand serves, even if the next season of UAAP's still months away, I can't just fool around with my training.

I can't be complacent, not when our biggest rival in volleyball, the De La Salle University Lady Archers, are around.

Unbeknownst to me, while I was busy pondering about my team's rival, Paul was already trying to get my attention.

It was only when I felt his hand on my shoulder that I snapped out of my thoughts.

"Hey, Jade. You still there, Shobe?" Paul asked me, one brow arched up looking at me in worry. I blinked a couple of times and immediately smile at him to prevent him from worrying further.

"Yeah, I am. Sorry, I was just thinking." I explained, pushing myself off the group to stand up and brush off the dirt that clung to my tight black jeans. I ignored the inquiring looking on my brother's face, knowing that he wants me to elaborate my answer further.

"So...what's up? Are we finally leaving?" I looked at him, feebly hoping he'd say yes, but he only scrunches his nose at me and squeezes my nose, making me squeak at the pressure.

"No, but Gerald just called earlier, he said we should go to the starting point." He teasingly told me, releasing his grip on my nose. I immediately cup my nose and glared at Paul.

"Do I really have to? I'm not interested to watch running naked men."

"That's why you never had a boyfriend, you don't even show any interest in one." Paul shook his head, sighing in disappointment.

"Don't tell me, you're actually interested in women instead, huh, Shobe?" My brother pointed at me, mouth slightly agape in surprise. I know he's only acting and teasing me and I shouldn't take him seriously, but I felt annoyed at his accusation.

"I'm perfectly female, thank you! I just don't have the interest to be in a relationship right now." I told him in my irritation.

Paul took a step back away from me and raised both his hand defensively while trying to draw some space between us.

"Okay, I get it, No need to be angry and defensive, Shobe. I'm sorry, I was just joking."

Even though he apologized like that, it didn't seem like one. Not when he looked at me as if he saw something amusing with the way he smiled.

I don't know why, but it sets off something in me, it's as if he knows something that I don't.

"You know what? Let's just go, before I even change my mind." I huffed and rolled my eyes before I went ahead, stomping my feet as I went.

"No need to be angry, I was just joking, Shobe!" Paul shout at me before he let out a loud chuckle.

I rolled my eyes again for a second time, but I did not bother to look back or stop to wait for him when he calls me again. I just went ahead and put more effort to keeping distance from him, walking as fast as possible.

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

After a few minutes of walking from our previous location, I and my brother arrived to where the event would start. Upon our arrival, there are already a lot of people crowding on both sides of the road, the only space that's clear is at the center where the runners will pass through.

Paul and I sifted through the crowd, looking for a place to watch the run in good view. To be honest, I am perfectly content to stay at the back where I couldn't see anything I don't want to see, but Paul tugged me and motioned me forward. The look on his face pleading and it urged me to comply without a fight.