Only His'

His’

When you are married to a man who is a baby at heart, things often go haywire. My husband turned 30 today but he never ages. Moreover, he throws a fit like a 5 year old. I had high expectations of getting babied by him, but he turned my life upside down and this is one of the reason of our everyday fights. Both of us are brats and neither of us would back off.
Being childish and in a relationship for 5 years and now, happily married for less than 2 years, it is surely a difficult task to stay away from pranking each other.

For the past two days I have been constantly bickering with him and on the last day, I completely avoided him and so he thinks I forgot his birthday which is today. Little does he know, I have been planning for his day since last year, 30th December, when both of us ended up getting drunk and stayed in bed for most of the day. When we sobered up, we finished the day with a candle light dinner and he slept early because of his headache. It was such a shame because it was my first time celebrating his birthday as his wife, but I failed him. Yes he wasn't mad at me, but my guilt made me plan things in advance.

Here I am, in the kitchen, cooking and baking for him since 5:30 in the morning, while he is busy snoring and rolling around in the huge bed. Last night, he was up until 1 A.M., just to hear me wish him, but he faced his defeat and slept. He is so naive.
The cake is prepped in 2 hours and I keep it in the freezer to hide it from him and within a few minutes, the sleepy bear walks into the kitchen with his frizzly hair and beautifully radiant, morning face. I quickly avert my eyes to pretend to not notice him which makes him groan in annoyance. He quietly takes a seat as I serve the pancakes which I frequently make for him, making him scoff, “I am not eating this today.” Sure you aren't.
“Well then, suit yourself.” I reply shortly and sit across from him taking his plate, leaving him dumbfounded as I start eating while scrolling through my phone to check my reservations. The old man scowls, “Seriously Y/N. Can't you eat your own food?” The annoyance in his tone is signalling that he is completely convinced of me forgetting his birthday. Poor boy.
“I can't waste food, I need to finish both of our portions.” He groans again, “Whatever. I'll be out for the whole day today.” He states all of a sudden catching me off guard as my eyes waver but I maintain my composure in seconds. “Okay.” Suddenly guilt fills my body as I wonder if I am making the right choices. A heavy silence fills the room as he keeps eyeing me while my orbs are fixed on the screen. My thoughts keep me occupied, “When will you be back?” I ask cautiously, avoiding his gaze. “Why does it matter?” He questions back, making me look up at him, “So I don't have to wait for you and sleep early.” My personality won't let me give up on my plans so easily. I'll surely find a way to stop him. Maybe I'll talk to Jungkook about this but that boy will ditch me as well. Ugh.

“Right. Of course sleep and food are more important to you than me.” I chuckle at his statement and look at the man whose face has turned dead serious, “It isn't a lie. My husband isn't important enough. All he ever does is fight with me.” This is just another day of our bickering. Fights like these are completely normal in this household and both of us know that it's all fun and games.

Or it's just me…

“Yeah, that's why I talked to the lawyer.” I look at him, confused as he wastes no moment to finish his statement, “We will get the divorce paper by the first week of Jan, after that you will be free from my clutches.” My heart drops in the pit of my stomach. I stayed in my seat, stunned to hear his words. It is hard to fight my tears back, nor can I form any words to say.
“Y-you are kid..ding right?” I stutter as my voice comes out as a low mumble when he gets up from his seat. “Have a peaceful life Choi Y/N. I am not interested in staying with a person who doesn't give two f**ks about me.” Each word he speaks, stabs me like a dagger, piercing through my heart and breaking it apart into pieces. My words get stuck in the lump of my throat and my hands get weaker. My vision gets blurred out as well with the overflowing tears which are hard to control anymore.
“Tae..Taehyung l-liste-” He exits the room before I can form the words, leaving me in pieces and panicstricken.