𝟶𝟷𝟿 || 𝙰 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝙱𝚎𝚐𝚒𝚗𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐. . .

The forest was quiet, undeniably quiet. Before quick footsteps were heard, alarming one man as they quickly dashed go the sound, and only stopped once the sound also stopped. This was quite a new problem. As a hunter, they're used to easily finding their prey, and effectively killing them, yet this one seems to be jumpy and cautious. Knowing when to run and when to hide from them. The hunter will applause it if it has the brains go comprehend it, but he doubted that.

He's guessing this animal was trained, maybe it has an owner? If it does, well, too bad, he wouldn't care if it was someone's pet. He needed to feed many mouths tonight, and some good old rabbit will be nice. Plus, maybe a rabbit's foot will come in handy too for some luck, which he rolled his eyes at the thought.

Taking a cautious step forward, the hunter made sure he made little to none noises to not further scare the overly cautious rabbit they were hunting. He made sure to listen to his surroundings, his trained ears managing to pick up even the gust of wind from the distance before suddenly dashing to his three, weapon aimed, then shot.

It missed. . .

Clicking his tongue, the hunter prepared for another shot. Lowering their weapon first as they tried to lessen the distance he has with the rabbit. He'll be honest, this one was a very fast rabbit, he could mistaken it for a hare. Grinning in delight for the chase, knowing he'll enjoy tonight's dinner, he prepared one more shot.

'Three. . . Two. . . One. . .' he counted, before taking it.

It hit. . .

The hunter grinned, skidding to a stop on the ground as they neared their trophy, picking it up from the neck. How delightful. . .

'Dinner is now served.' the hunter thought, picking the body up and then walking to the place where his cabin is located so that he can cook up this quick rabbit. He's sure some children will enjoy this one.

Seeing his cabin, he lightly kicked the door open, revealing his family members inside as some greeted him, while others didn't. His brother going up to him and checking the trophy he got.

"Is that for tonight? We have our relatives over, you know?" his brother asked, and the hunter just smiled, "Don't worry, we have more. They're outside in a basket, go get them for me, please?" the hunter answer, then asked, as his brother nodded in understanding, before calling for his wife to help him out.

Going to the kitchen, the hunter placed the rabbit down on the table, getting a chopping board and cleaning it up, before placing it on the table and then the rabbit on top of it next. He then took a butcher knife near him, and started to cut up the rabbit into pieces. From the front legs, then the back, then the head. He then separated the front and back legs from their joints. The hunter then realized he forgot to get rid of the fur. Letting out a groan at his terrible memory, he proceeded to the process of taking the fur off, before starting to clean the meat.

"Oh, thanks T——! I'll take over from here." the brother's wife from earlier said, smiling brightly at the hunter who nod his head and washed his hands, "Alright. . . I'll go up and change now." the hunter said, thanking the woman who just smiled and started to prep up the kitchen with the needed things and ingredients, clearly ready to make a feast for everyone.

Going up the stairs, the hunter could see his relatives inside their rooms doing their own thing, clearly not used to the new place. He understands why, most of them were used to their own places and most of them never even visited this place until now so he gets why they're so uncomfortable.

Going inside his room, he let's out a sigh and entered his bathroom, ready to have a well deserved shower.

« ••• »

"I want to give upppppp! ! !" voice whined out, throwing the book upwards and expected it to fall back down before noticing that it still didn't. Looking up, they saw that it was floating up making them groan.

Standing up from their seat, they took a step on their chair, then on their desk. Their hand holding onto their window in front of their desk for support before reaching up, trying to reach the stuck, floating book. They did small hops as well, trying to have their fingers grip onto it even by a bit before suddenly jumping up in which they managed to catch it. But when they landed, their desk shook, making them let out a shriek and one hand hold tightly onto the curtains.

Some of their pens or pencils fell down, but once the table stopped shaking, they let out a sigh and then hopped down onto the floor and picked up the fallen items, putting them back on their designated places, basically just on top of the desk alongside the book.

"Should I make a cover for this one? It's boring if it's just a black cover." voice commented, looking over the cover of their book, pursing their lips and humming in thought, "Still, I don't know how to draw. . . I'll just leave it black for now until I can draw decently." they answered their own question, before going to their shelves and picked up a box labeled "creativity".

Once they opened the box, they were met with emptiness. Making them blink before sighing. "I need writing prompts for this book, much less motivation to continue it, or else it will be filled with just boring chapters, fillers, back stories, and fucking commentaries of me not being able to write even a decent chapter. . . Younger me was really better than current me, how do I become young again?" voice sobbed out, closing the box and putting it back to where they took it and then walking back to their desk.

"Random bullshit, go!" they said, picking up a pencil and opening the book to where they left off and started to write down whatever they have in mind.

« ••• »

Living in the old and dark mansion was. . . Alright. That's what Y/N could say so far. They have meals, but the only time they actually get a proper meal is during dinner, which is usually held up at ten at night. The schedule here really confused her own body clock seeing as it's used to its schedule in the facility she lived most of her life in.

So the adjustment was big, and she still hasn't adjusted since it's only been four days since the escape, but at least she now knows what she can do during the free time she has, which is basically every time except for dinner time.

Basically, she's trying to get into a routine of wake up, go to the kitchen to find even small bits of food which was either none or expired. It's probably because she was treated special in the facility that she doesn't like the way the food were stored, or how it was presented whe being stored.

Next, she goes around the place, walking around outside, but made sure to stay near the building since she doesn't know her way around the forest, or have long talks with her brother outside on the porch.

Then, when she can, she'll communicate with the other people inside the manor.