ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ꜰɪᴠᴇ

Beginne am Anfang

"Am I wrong though? Only an idiot couldn't see that her husband was manipulating her."

You peeked through the door gap, seeing two women speaking.

"Ahh, darn it, I knew I shouldn't have left her alone! Maybe I had been there, she wouldn't..." One of them said, who started sobbing.

"You're really going to cry over her? Come on, I thought we all hated her!"

This other woman wasn't in the door's line of sight, but you guessed there were three people in there.

"She was our FRIEND!! How can you treat her like crap!? She was there for us when we were at our lowest!"

You turned away from the door and tried to walk away, but immediately, you bumped into someone and fell on your butt.

Opening your eyes, you saw someone's legs, but then your gaze slowly went up, and you saw a very intimidating looking man.

His facial hair was rough, making it difficult to work out his expressions, but his eyes stared down at you like you were just an ant. His figure was twice, if not thrice, the size of your puny body, and you were too afraid to even move.

He slowly crouched down to your level, and you recognised him as your uncle, the man living with your aunt.

You had only seen him around the house, but you didn't dare look at him.

"[Name]." His deep and gruff voice spoke, making you start to tremble a little. "You hear that? Those women are talking bad about your mother. What are you going to do?" He asked.

You felt frozen in place just from him staring. What were you doing to do? What can you even do?

He spoke again, and you tensed up in suspense. "You're just going to let them insult your mother?"

Maybe you wanted to speak, maybe you didn't, but nonetheless, you kept silent.

The man sighed, shutting his eyes in defeat. "You really are a quiet kid, huh. I guess she was right." His eyes opened, and his gaze burned into you. "You're shaking, but your face barely shows fear."

"You've got guts, having surviving this far with that scummy bastard. Is it because of your mother?" He asked himself, but slowly stood up, staring at you as he did. "Get up, kid. It's time I teach you a lesson."

You quickly obeyed, standing straight.

"No one is gonna defend your mother at this moment, and no one is going to help you." He bluntly spat. "So what are you doing to do, keep letting them tarnish your precious mother's name?"

Your mouth parted slightly. "I..."

Though your voice was soft and barely a whisper, the man looked visibly surprised, not expecting you to speak.

"I-I... Mom..." Your voice was still very soft, but it was enough that he could hear.

You heard soft footsteps coming, interrupting you. You both turned, and you saw your aunt walking this direction.