《26》Rolling in the Deep

Start from the beginning

And god he hopes that she never finds out. 

But of course...that was impossible. Because this was their fate, and Gojo could do absolutely nothing about it.

He was not God.

"Why did you lie to me?" Haru spoke, her head down as she refused to look at him. Gojo remains where he is, his thoughts interrupted by her words. He didn't know what she meant, but something inside churned his stomach into knots. 

"Lie? Why would I ever lie to you--" Gojo pauses when his covered gaze finally meets with Haru's. Her honey eyes which always melt him, were filled with venom. 

She was enraged.

"Then clarify this..." Haru leans away and towards Gojo, her voice becoming shrill, "...was your family really not involved with my parents' deaths?"

At that, Gojo's blood ran cold, his hesitance said everything.

Haru's expression goes grim, her jaw clenching. She was trying so much to remain calm...with every grain of her body, "....How long have you known this...?" 

Gojo needed to choose his words wisely. But even so, there was no denying that Haru would be upset regardless of what excuse he made. Being honest was his only choice.

"...a few months ago..." Gojo barely whispers, knowing well he messed up.

There was an uncomfortable pause, the tension in the room could only grow thicker and suffocating. Gojo hated this, he'd rather have her go mad than stay this quiet. The pressure was eating him alive. 

"All this time..." Her voice cuts the tension, as her lips begin to quiver, "...You knew all this time..."

6:38pm

Seeing her expression shattered Gojo's heart. He tried to reach her but Haru was quick to stand up. She stands away from him, feeling her headache worsen from her emotions. She felt her whole world shatter with just those words. 

'All this time...for months!!' Haru grits, right then and there remembering Kenjaku's words.

.

.

~*~

.

.

"Gojo Satoru...he is not who he claims he is,"

Kenjaku, the very man who possesses Getou Suguru's body, began to explain.

"I understand that you wouldn't believe me, but at least hear me out," Kenjaku pleads, seeing the baffled expression Haru had as he spoke. He knew she could doubt him, she hardly knew the guy. 

Haru glares, feeling doubtful, "And what makes you think I'll believe the shit you'll say...especially in Getou Suguru's body..."

Kenjaku closes his eyes, "This body...I was fortunate to be able to obtain it after I urgently needed a body to transfer from," Kenjaku opens his eyes, meeting with Haru's confused ones, "The only reason why I was able to possess this body was because Gojo Satoru was the one who killed him,"

Haru's blood ran cold at this. 

Kenjaku brings a hand towards his chin as if thinking, "There seemed to have been a conflict between those two. You see, most Jujutsu Sorcerers don't like Curse Users. Their morals contradicted each other,"