12 | Planted Seeds

Start from the beginning

"I didn't think you would, Fatima. It's mine and you barely let me have it anyway. So why would I think you'll go ahead and give it to him?"

"What do you take me for? You act like you don't give a fuck and when I do what you think I can't do, you'll start throwing a fit. I truly deserve better than how you treat me. And maybe Zac is just a better lover and that's why I find it easier with him..." Fatima didn't mean to say out loud the last part of her statement.

Ian cackled while repeatedly saying "wow" as he walked out of the room with Fatima following behind him calling his name. Once they got to the living room, Danni was coming out from the kitchen with a bottle of water in hand and her head buried in her phone but her attention was brought to Fatima calling Ian's name. The girls watched as Ian angrily stormed out of the house slamming the front door on his way out.

"Damn! What's up with the nigga?" Danni asked as she moved to sit on the couch.

Fatima took a deep breath and joined Danni, "I might have said some things that I wasn't supposed to. Danni, if I knew this tails project would have turned out like this... at this point, I'm causing more harm to myself than fixing."

"What do you mean? And what things did you say?"

"Since this whole thing, Ian and I have been in more disagreements and we seem to be fighting all the time. What happens when the project is over and then I lose what is real—Ian. He just showed up unannounced and the moment he gets in, he's all on me and that's when he noticed the hickey on my neck." Fatima went ahead to tell Danni everything that happened.

"Shit! You didn't compare him to Zac in his face. Fatimaaaa!" Danni dragged her name with the intent to show her disappointment. "I'll ask you again, are you in love with Zac?"

"What? No. I'm not. I mean I like him, there's no denying that. I probably have little feelings for him but it's definitely not love. I can't even afford to love him, how is it possible to be in love with the man whose bloodline is responsible for causing me so much pain and loss?"

"Exactly! Now look, Tima. I know you're human and bound to have feelings, Zac treats you so well, you've been smiling more since you've been with him, he takes good care of you, and he's made you a sex addict all of a sudden; I mean you don't even walk properly anymore. Like this man cured you from your fear of sex! Hell if this wasn't a plan, I would be rooting for Zac as the man you should be with. But darling, life is unfair, this game you're playing is already as dangerous as it is and falling in love with this man only means more trouble, and I love you too much to watch you do that to yourself."

Fatima sighed deeply, knowing everything her best friend said was nothing but the truth. "You know it's funny how I was just mad at Zac over his ex when I've got a whole boyfriend. I really didn't intend to be mean to Ian. He just kept pushing and pushing and I just said things that I shouldn't have." She adjusted on the couch and turned her body to face Danni who still had her eyes on her. "Something strange happened."

"Tell me about it." Danni sat Indian style on the couch ready to hear the tea.

"Here I am, thinking I'm now fond of this thing called sex and then Ian was all over me and it happened again; I tensed up. Is that normal?"

"Well, the mind and your body play a huge factor in that. Maybe you're just more comfortable with Zac so your body responds to him better."

"But how's that possible if I've been with Ian the longest? I mean he made a valid point. If we've been intimate just eight times in all our years of dating and then I meet Zac and now it's like I can't stop."

"Our bodies respond differently to each person. For instance, I always have to be in control when I'm fucking. However, with Chris, it's a bit different — I allow him a bit of control, just a tiny bit. Then, I met Kaz and it was a completely different experience. Sometimes I'm in control with him but most times he has a way of making me extra submissive and I can't resist, even if I tried."