Movies and Taste Testings

Comincia dall'inizio

You could explain that we're, what? he asked.

Blushing and turning away from him, she went totally silent.

Pulling over into a nearby parking lot, Can put the car in park and turned to her.

Sanem, I want to make myself clear to you. I'm not asking for a declaration or even a label on our...well...this..Can said, motioning between them. But I want you to understand that I like you. I like you a lot. And for as long as you will allow, I want to spend time with you and get to know you better. Show you who I am away from the craziness of my career. Are you alright with that? he asked, hoping for a "yes" desperately.

Shaking her head and looking back to him, Sanem answered, Can, you have to understand that you've literally jumped out of my TV and my crazy fangirl dreams into...well...my real life! I'm  excited, scared...so many things. I really like you too but I just don't know where this is going. I mean, I don't need a label either..at all. But for now, let's do just what you're saying, as friends. Get to know one another. Just take it slow.

Friends? Can said. Nodding his head. Okay, I..guess..I understand. I mean, if that's what you want.

Can, I know that might sound..Sanem said with a frown, worried he was getting the wrong idea.

No, no, you're right. There's nothing wrong with starting as friends, Sanem, Can said, turning back to the wheel and starting the car again.

I just need you to understand that what I'm feeling isn't just friendship, he continued, flashing a huge smile. Now let's go eat your Mom's delicious food!

Sighing in relief that he wasn't mad about her choice of words, but secretly elated at his declaration, Sanem smiled and tried to get her heart to slow down. This couldn't be happening!

Pulling up to the Aydin's restaurant, Sanem was suddenly glad that Can had worn plain clothes. There was a slight chance that her parents wouldn't recognize him with his hair up also.

Can, I'll introduce you as my friend and not go into more detail than that. I'm really not sure if she will recognize you but if she does, then we can explain about meeting in Ankara. And if she doesn't but sees the pictures later on, we have somewhat of a weak explanation, Sanem said.

Ok, I'll follow your lead, Can said as they walked to the door.

Introducing Can to her Mom, Sanem saw how she kept looking back at him with some degree of recognition

Introducing Can to her Mom, Sanem saw how she kept looking back at him with some degree of recognition. Luckily Perihan was engrossed in the task at hand. Her Dad was on an errand so that worked in her favor as well. The less people present, the better.

Perihan explained that her neighbor, aka rival, had prepared the same food as she did and asked Sanem to blindfold Can so he could choose the best of the two. 

Use your bandana, Sanem, her Mom prompted. Come on, daughter.

Yes, put it tight, Sanem, so your...friend...can't see. Then feed him a taste of each dish and let him choose, Perihan explained.