- compasses and gunshots -

Start from the beginning

"All right." Shoupe says, nodding. He gets up and walks across the front board.

"Uhm, be careful up there. You don't wanna slip." Emilia says, nodding at him.

She remembers when JJ flung off the front the day before and smiles softly to herself.

He places his sunglasses back on and peers around the water, making sure nothing was nearby.

JJ glances around at the other 3, slightly nervous. He mouths something to Pope that Emilia couldn't pick up.

Time was ticking.

After a long while, Shoupe finally sighs and turns back around. "All right." He says, moving to step back onto his own boat.

"All right." Pope replies through a sigh.

"Beautiful day, isn't it?" Shoupe says, smiling at them all.

"Sure is." Melia replies with a petty smile.

"You let us know if you see anything on your way out." Shoupe enforces, nodding at each of them and pulling his rope back from their boat. He sits down at his steering wheel.

"Will do, will do." Pope calls out, watching as they drive off.

Once they are far enough away, Melia shakes her head nervously.

"It's been way too long." She says, biting her lip as they all run to the front of the boat, inspecting the water. And right on queue-

Gasp!

"There he is!" JJ says excitedly.

"Oh, God! Jesus Christ!" Pope says, sighing in relief. "Don't scare us like that!"

"How'd it go down there?" Kiara asks.

"Did you find anything?" JJ asks as he helps John B climb back up onto the boat.

"Did I find anything?" John B replies with a breathless laugh, pulling a large bag up and throwing it onto the boat.

"Yeah, there we go! That's my boy!" JJ yells, dapping him up.

Melia just grins, her older brother wrapping an arm around her and pulling her closer excitedly.

"Jeez dude!" Pope says, a wide grin slapped onto his face.

"You okay?" Kie asks, walking over to him.

"Yeah, I ran out of air." He says, still catching his breath slightly.

"You scared the shit out of me." Kiara says firmly, though she was still smiling stupidly.

"Yeah, the cops were up here, but, we took care of 'em." JJ says with a small smirk.

"Oh shit, not Peterkin right?" John B asks, looking down at his sister with wide eyes, rubbing her shoulder with his thumb. She just shakes her head with a small grin.

"Yeah, you kinda missed the show, brother." JJ says, tapping him on the shoulder.

"Hey, guys? Guys, bogey, two o'clock." Kiara says, squinting and looking out into the sea.