ミ✮ 𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐞┆[k. nanami]

Start from the beginning

A professional nail technician who worked from home didn't really have anything too crazy to talk about. Plus, Nanami never cared for the mindless gossip [Y/N]'s clients spread when they were getting their nails done. More importantly, he was always grateful whenever he came home after [Y/N] didn't take any more clients for the day. Like tonight, for example.

"Welcome home, Kento! I missed you so much! How was work today? How's Gojo?"

The young woman's familiar and very bubbly string of questions came to bombard Nanami like clockwork. Each night he returned home, [Y/N] was eager to find out all that she could about her fiancé's workday. Not even a serious man like Nanami could deny the way his heart thumped when examining [Y/N]'s youthful glow and listening to that tone of voice she unintentionally used—laced with a bit of innocence leftover from her teenage years. Perhaps it was the effect of not being involved in the world of curses, sorcerers, and whatever else.

"Both equally obnoxious. The latter lives to torment me with constant immaturity."

Still, the slightest mention of his intolerable colleague, forced a scoff from Nanami as he gently brushed past the enchanting girl. His feet moved on their own accord—heading in the direction of the minuscule kitchen overlooking the living room. The man—upon arriving in front of the refrigerator—gripped the handle and opened it, searching for the very substance that would calm his nerves. [Y/N] followed after Nanami and paused, leaning her hip against the outermost kitchen counter whilst her intricately decorated nails scratched behind her cat's pointed ears. A subdued purring sound emitted from the gray feline in response to his owner's affections.

The clinking of glass caught [Y/N]'s attention, prompting her to noticeably grin when Nanami pulled out two beer bottles. Cracking both of them open with his hand, the man graciously handed one to his fiancée. [Y/N] set the drink down, still keeping it close to herself while Nanami took a lengthy sip from his.

"Aw! You work so hard, my love. Why not just take a day off to stay home with me and the kitty?"

The beauty questioned with a hopeful expression. It was merely an attempt to persuade her lover to ignore his responsibilities for once. Days off were always rare—there always needed to be some miraculous force holding Nanami back from going to work. Like contracting some sort of illness or taking time off to celebrate his and [Y/N]'s anniversary. The man was too much of a workaholic and it showed in the way creases caused by stress began to appear on random portions of his face. Not to mention those dark circles beneath his eyes. Then again, he did look pretty damn rugged with all those drastic changes to his physique. But Nanami clearly understood that things like that came with his job.

"Money pays bills and puts food on the table. I work hard to support us. Sitting around is pointless and I would drive myself insane if I were to stay in one place for too long."

Nanami monotonously explained, gesturing around the apartment with the beer bottle in his hand to accentuate what he wished to convey to [Y/N]—who, by the way, was intently staring at the man of her dreams as he talked. The young woman found herself biting down on her lower lip rather harshly once she began to closely gaze at the way Nanami's mouth moved...and the way his baritone voice reverberated through the confines of her brain. Fuck, he was simply stunning.

A flash of hotness rushed through [Y/N]'s figure at the thought of her fiancé tearing the clothes off her body and making love to her until daybreak. However, the stray meow of the cat in her arms yanked her out of the intense hormonal fantasy [Y/N] got lost in. Hurriedly, the girl began to piece together the snippets she recalled from Nanami's overtly serious statement. It was something about money, work, and...some other stuff like that. Basically, the adulting bullshit [Y/N] abhorred but had to do anyway because it was a given task. Adult life sucked.