Chapter 2 - Finally Something Exciting

Nothing really interesting ever happened at Hogwarts

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Nothing really interesting ever happened at Hogwarts. The announcements were the same hogwash as the years prior. At first the sorting ceremony, in which Remus didn't cheer loudly, for he liked silence, but he did politely clap his hands together when someone was sorted into Gryffindor and congratulated them. He did like this part of the beginning of the year, to be honest. All those new faces, scared by all the impressions of the big castle they had to wander for the coming seven years. It felt like yesterday that he was standing in their shoes. Not knowing anybody, scared that he would never make friends, but then James and Peter appeared and adopted him into their little friend group.

After the sorting ceremony Dumbledore gave information about new teachers, corridors the students weren't allowed to visit and that the new students had to follow their prefects to their common room after the feast.

Same old speech, same old Dumbledore. The only remotely exciting thing that happened at Hogwarts, was the occasional bullying of Lucius Malfoy and Severus Snape. But Remus was surprised when Dumbledore told the students to listen carefully to the following announcement.

'This year, there will be a ball.' The students started to talk to each other. A ball? That was exciting! There had never been a ball at Hogwarts before. 'But not just any ball,' he continued, after raising his hand to make sure everybody went quiet. He did understand the enthusiasm though. 'It is the ball honouring The Triwizard Tournament, a tournament in which different schools battle for honour. Beauxbaton and Ilvermorny will visit Hogwarts for these festivities. Three lucky contestants will fight for the win in different games. These games are hard, difficult and need preparation. Think wisely about entering this tournament. For some of you entering is already excluded, for you have to be of fifteen years of age, or older, to participate. I think these announcements will occupy your minds enough for the following weeks. So let this be it, and enjoy your meals.'

With a snap of his fingers, the feast appeared on the four tables from the different houses. The students dug in and before Remus could fill up his plate, multiple people had yelled that they would sign themselves up for The Triwizard Tournament. Remus had no desire to compete. The tournament sounded dangerous, time consuming and bad for his mental health. Besides, he had enough problems to last him a lifetime. His biggest issue was the fact that he was a werewolf. When he was four Fenrir Greyback turned him into one and since then Remus was anxious about it being a full moon. Also, his body was now full of scars, which Remus found hideous. To add a few more to his already big scar collection would be anything but a good decision.

'I should compete in the tournament,' James shot them an arrogant look, 'I could totally win it.' Of course Peter started nodding and agreed with him. Remus, however, did not agree with their assessment. Not that he thought James didn't have the strength and willpower, but he knew that the games could be incredibly complex and required a lot of thinking. In a book that he had read this summer holiday, it was told that one time there was a dude who completely lost his mind because of the tournament. Thinking about James losing his mind... that was a thought Remus couldn't bear.

'And, most importantly, my excellent performance in the tournament will attract the attention of girls, therefore the attention of Lily Evans as well.' The determined look on James' face told Remus that no matter how many times he told James it was a stupid idea, he would sign up for The Triwizard Tournament anyway.

'Are you sure? Dumbledore told us to really think it through. The tasks are known to be extremely challenging,' Remus said, trying to make James think about his resolute decision. For wasn't it stupid to only compete in such a dangerous competition to get the attention of a girl? Remus knew easier ways to get the same results. Lucius and Severus bullied everyone who crossed their paths, and the girls couldn't help but notice. Not in a good way of course, but still. Attention was attention.

James waved away his advice. 'Eh, who cares what that old man says,' he took a sip of butterbeer, 'he may be old and worried about his weak knees, but I am still youthful and healthy.'

'Hear, hear,' cheered Peter, excited for having a friend who dared to compete in The Triwizard Tournament. He turned around and began telling his fellow Gryffindors that he was friends with the next winner of The Triwizard Tournament. This, Remus thought, was a little bit presumptuous.

The chatter about the exciting news continued through the entire meal and Remus was relieved when the Headboy from Gryffindor, Merlin Weasley, announced that all Gryffindors, except for the first years, are to be headed to the common room, to unpack and install themselves comfortably on the couches around the big and cosy fire.

'The password is Fortis Panthera Leo. Now get going!' And the three friends stood from their places and walked to their common room, knowing that the mother of James had packed lots of sweets in his suitcase, which they would devour that very night.

 Now get going!' And the three friends stood from their places and walked to their common room, knowing that the mother of James had packed lots of sweets in his suitcase, which they would devour that very night

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

A/N

The second chapter!! Hopefully you all are still enjoying the story and are excited for the next chapters, which should be published soon:))

The Goblet Of Love - A Wolfstar Fanfictionजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें