The Quest

'' All cats old enough to collect Crystals gather around the Crystal Rock for a clan meeting! '' the very much familiar yowl echoed throughout the camp , waking up all those who were still sleeping . RipplePaw yawned , his fur bristling upon leaving the warmth of the underground den . Behind him MarbledPaw and PigeonPaw followed , also awoken by the call of they're leader . Cats from all sides started flowing into the clearing , curiously staring at SwiftStar . '' So ? What's the reason for this early meeting ? '' CoalFoot mewed . LostEye quickly nudged him , It was disrespectful to question the leader's actions . '' I'm sure SwiftStar has a good reason to call us so suddenly '' the deputy , DawnPelt , said , althought you could see he struggled not to go back to his den and sleep . 

 RipplePaw sat next to his mentor , PaleFoot , as the other apprentices also found they're mentors . SwiftStar lashed her tail , everyone's attention turned to her . '' I have very important news to share with the clan . '' she started , her eyes resting on the calico tom . '' Our medicine cat  ,  LionFoot , has been warned by Starclan . '' The clan errupted in suspicious whispers but quickly settled as the leader spoke again . '' I shall travel to the moonstone tonight . While i  am not here , DawnPelt will be in charge of the clan '' . The gray female jumped off the rock , flicking her tail in dismissal . She stopped by PaleFoot  , looking kindly at RipplePaw . '' I am very sorry to ask this of you PaleFoot . This journey is extremely long and might not be the best for you , are you sure you wish to come with me ? '' 

The tom nodded solemnly , his ears twitching . '' Ofcourse i do , SwiftStar . I spoke with CurledEar and JaggedPelt . They both agreed that they will come with us '' . The leader nodded '' Very well , then . RipplePaw , tell MarbledPaw and SmallPaw to get ready , we shall leave at sunhigh '' the female dipped her head and trotted towards the medicine den .  RipplePaw looked up at his mentor , questioning his choice of bringing innocent apprentices on a quest with the leader . PaleFoot nudged him , the apprentice rolled his eyes and trotted towards his friends . On the way he  spotted SwiftStar talking with LionFoot .  

MarbledPaw turned to greet her friend , however she stopped upon seeing that he wasn't in the best mood for chatting . '' SwiftStar wants to take us three and our mentors on a journey with her ''  RipplePaw mumbled , his tail flicking . SmallPaw raised a brow ''  Isn't that good ? We finally get to pass the border and see the stone ! '' . MarbledPaw nodded in agreement . ''  Yes , but RavenPaw won't get to come with us... Her mentor is in the paws of LionFoot for now , and without him she won't be able to come aswell . '' the tom's ears flicked . The tortoiseshell female pondered for a moment . Suddenly , she lashed her tail , her eyes sparkling . '' What if we bring RavenPaw with us under the protection of one of our mentors ? Then SwiftStar must allow it  '' . '' That's a great idea ! '' SmallPaw mewed .

 '' I'll talk with CurledEar  . When do we leave the clan ? '' MarbledPaw asked .  '' We must be ready by sunhigh  '' . The female nodded  , sprinting towards her mentor . Behind SmallPaw , RavenPaw aproached . She sat by the tom , stretching .'' What's with all the fuzz this morning ? '' RipplePaw laughed  '' We are going on an adventure with SwiftStar and our mentors . MarbledPaw is asking CurledEar if she's willing to take you with us under her protection . '' RavenPaw's eyes widened '' Wait- Really ?  We finally get to pas the borders ? ''. SmallPaw nodded in confirmation . She was about to speak , but JaggedPelt sat by her . '' SmallPaw , i hope you are ready for what is about to come . Just because your friends can come doesn't mean it's an easy journey '' 

 The blue and gray shecat nodded towards her mentor . '' Ofcourse , JaggedPelt . But it's exciting to leave the clan for once ''.  MarbledPaw returned , her tail lashing .  '' CurledEar agreed ! You are coming with us , RavenPaw ! '' . RipplePaw smiled at his friends excitement , however , he couldn't help but wonder if the journey was as hard as the warriors told them .'' It's just an easy walk to the moonstone and back , right ? '' he questioned JaggedPelt . The tom sighed . '' We have made the journey a couple of times before . In one of them we lost a very priced warrior . We swore to never bring younger and unexperienced cats with us , but.. '' the warrior stopped himself . '' That is more than what you need to know . Go by the entrance , SwiftStar will be waiting '' . 

  MarbledPaw and RippledPaw gave a puzzled look . But quickly followed they're two friends , who already started walking . '' Why do you think he stopped ? '' the calico tom asked . '' Probably we aren't supposed to know that much yet... '' MarbledPaw answered . The conversation stopped as they aproached SwiftStar and the three mentors . With a flick of her tail, the small group dissapeared through the vines , oblivious of what was about to come .