Kaveh at the door, worry lacing his ethereal face as he paced around the porch.

"Veh I'm home." He approached the man and immediately captured him in an embrace to which the blonde returned and even added on with quick kiss to his cheeks. One that melt the day'a exhaustion away for Alhaitham. "Something wrong? You should be inside."

"I was waiting for you." Something tugged at Alhaitham's heart, his grip around his spouse tightening. Four years of marriage and Kaveh still knows how to make his heart beat like a teenager. "We have a problem."

The hands that was about to turn the knob of the front door came to an abrupt stop and Alhaitham's gaze fell to his wife. Kaveh's face didn't change. "You'll know when you're inside."

The instant Alhaitham flung the door open, a small blob of blonde peek at the couch. Green hues sparkling a bit, Alhaitham walked closer and stop upon seeing a young girl not older than eight. In her hand was the finished book he forgot to put away earlier in the morning.

The child looks beautiful, familiarly beautiful.

"Haiyi. This is Rashea. Apparently, she's our daughter."

For the first time. Alhaitham's mind went blank.

No, not really blank. It was the quite the opposite rather. A barrage of questions are now on his head enough for 10 volumes of books.

"I got you pregnant? Since when?" However, those were the only two that he manage to blurt. And that question made his alleged daughter gawk at him and his wife rubbing a hand in his temples.

"Of course you did not you idiot!" And since Kaveh is now agitated. He replied with a snare. "A leyline disruption happened at the construction site I was working on. And from that, this child just emerged."

As if seeing her cue, the young child smiled sweetly and opened her mouth to speak. "Yep! Moments ago I was with my father on his office then a flash of light went whoosh! And now I'm here!" The child grinned. "My name is Rashea, my mother is Kaveh and my father is Alhaitham. See?"

She pull out a card with her name and picture on it and below it is her parent's name for contact. And indeed it was their name in there.

Alhaitham could only stare at the child that now makes sense why she looks familiar. She looks a lot like Kaveh.

"...I should get Lesser Lord Kusanali huh..." Alhaitham's brain seemed to lag especially when Kaveh picked up the kid who immediately wrapped her small frail arms around his wife's neck and nuzzled to his cheeks.

The image was something new to Alhaitham. Kaveh coddling a child. A child with his eyes, a child with his wife's face his wife's smile.

"The wanderer passed by earlier so I asked him to deliver the message to the Archon. They'll be here in a bit." Kaveh explained, his hand unconsciously reaching out to ruffle the braided locks. "This kid and you however, needs to eat."

"What are you doing?"

"I'm passing the child to you obviously!"

Kaveh sighed as he passed the child to his stone stiff husband. "If you drop her I'll kill you."

Yep. Kaveh was smitten with the kid. So what?! The child was so like his husband he couldn't help it. The architect left to the kitchen immediately leaving the young girl to her alleged father who was still staring into nothing as his hand unconsciously protectively wrapped around the kid's small frame.

Dinner preparation was fun. For Kaveh. Especially staring at his husband and the small child simultaneously flip a page of the books they have on their lap. His husband would glance at the child constantly. And the child would bother the man if there is a difficult word she doesn't understand.