Chapter 20

"why de fuck yah question me ? dem man deh kill we bredda, off bets off, uh suppose to know dis"Joshua responds

"me nuh mean nuh disrespect bro bro" rio says

The next day dawned with a mixture of anticipation and tension as Joshua, Kimberly, Blackman, and Bugsy made their way to St. Elizabeth. The air was thick with the promise of a significant shipment, and the group's collective focus centered on the imminent arrival of the aircraft carrying their new products.

They reached the designated spot, a discreet location far from prying eyes, where the covert exchange would take place.

Joshua, known for his meticulous planning, checked his watch, ensuring everything was on schedule.

 As the distant drone of the aircraft grew louder, the group's focus tightened, and the intricate dance of their furtive dealings continued. The day held the promise of new opportunities and challenges, and they stood poised to navigate the complexities of their world.

With the aircraft's successful landing, Joshua, Blackman, and Bugsy went into swift action, their movements calculated and precise. The trio navigated the area with a keen awareness of their surroundings, ensuring the perimeter was secure and free of any uninvited guests.

The transporters efficiently extracted the products, and the group meticulously loaded them into their waiting truck. Each movement was executed with a blend of speed and caution.

As the last crate found its place in the truck, a sense of accomplishment and readiness permeated the air.

Blackman turned to Joshua, "Okay, boss man, weh uh want we drop dis one off, the regular warehouse?"

"No, Blackman, Bugsy aguh take the lead on dis, him have a place weh him can store it," Joshua responded.

"Tanks, boss, me appreciate de second chance," Bugsy expressed his gratitude.

"Boss, uh sure uh want trust him again?" Blackman questioned Joshua's decision.

"Nah," Joshua said, "but Bugsy know if me shipment end up missing, him and him entire family aguh missing too."

"Me tell uh already me Gad, me nah let uh down again," Bugsy reassured, his determination evident in his words.

"Boss man, me actually wah seh supm to uh 'bout the Shadow Reapers," Blackman said.

"Alrite, Bugsy, guh wait inna de truck," Joshua demanded.

"Boss, me tell uh, uh can trust me," Bugsy insisted.

"Uh deaf?" Joshua reiterated, and Bugsy, understanding the tone, left the conversation, heading back to the truck. Kim, meanwhile, finished up with the aircraft pilots.

"Boss, 'bout the Shadow Reaper dem, me nuh tink a dem ambush we de first time," Blackman said.

"Why uh tink dat?" Joshua inquired.

"When we guh fi de man dem last night, boss, the way dem move nuh tactical like how the man dem move when dem did ambush we. Me a tell uh say dem man deh move different, only crew me kno move like dat, a we," Blackman finished.

"Uh sure 'bout dat?" Joshua pressed.

"Swear pan me daughter life, boss man. Uh kno me nah betray uh or lead uh wrong. Me respect uh and uh grind. Memba say uh tek me from nthn and help me mek supm outta me life. Me loyalty run with you to me grave, me boss," Blackman affirmed.

"Mek me ask uh supm," Joshua said. "Who get de info 'bout de Shadow Reapers?"

"Me nuh sure eno, bossy, but a Rio call me and mek me kno," Blackman finished.

"Alrite, me we chat to Rio and ask, as usual, Blackman," Joshua said. "Dis stay between the two a we."

"Respect, boss," Blackman replied, sealing the confidentiality of their conversation in the shadows of their furtive world.

Joshua stood in silent observation as Blackman and Bugsy pulled away, driving towards Bugsy's warehouse with the newly acquired supply. As Bugsy looked back at him, Joshua, with a calculated intensity, raised his hand and subtly signaled a kill sign for bugsy. The gesture carried a weight of unspoken consequences, a reminder of the trust Joshua was choosing to place in Bugsy once again.

"Wha happen?" Kim says, now joining Joshua.

"Rio sell we out," Joshua says to Kim, the hurt of betrayal obvious in his voice.

"Uh sure?" Kim asks.

"Not entirely, but me have a plan," Joshua says