- kegger shenanigans -

Start from the beginning

"Hey I got something for you!" JJ calls out to John B, handing him the drink he just made. "Oh wait- Hey, hey. Hey, Sarah." He calls out, smirking.

Melia can already feel her heart plummet into her stomach, she knows this is going to go bad. She hates being around Sarah but this feeling is different..

"Sarah, can I interest you in a tasty Milwaukee beverage?" He asks with a wink, pushing the drink towards her. Melia glares at him but he doesn't seem to get the hint.

"No, thanks." She says firmly, glaring at the two girls that they were sat with. Emilia has to stare off into the distance or she will smack that cup right out of JJ's hand and straight into her smug face.

"Oh, come on! Is it not fancy enough for you?" He asks, tilting his head. Melia nudges him from where she was sat. She mouths the words, 'drop it.' But he was already too far gone.

"No. We were just leaving." Sarah's boyfriend says firmly from beside her, wrapping his arm around her waist and pulling her closer to him.

"Actually, you know what? I'll take it." He says, leaning out to grab the drink out of JJ's hand. Emilia sighs softly, she knows where this is going already..

"Thats nice, Topper, but I didn't ask you." JJ says with a sly smirk on his face, pulling the drink away from him. She know's why he's doing this, but its not helping.

All it's doing is making things worse.

"Maybe if you said pretty please." He says, tilting his head. "But you didn't so-"

"Oh, pretty please?" Topper says, taking a step forwards. They're clearly egging each other on. "Pretty please?"

"Yeah, Sarah. You can have it." JJ continues, passing the drink in her direction and John B just shakes his head.

"She doesn't want it, you-" Topper quickly snaps and knocks the drink out of his hand and spills it all over his face, some of it going over Melia.

And the fight begins.

Emilia quickly rises from where shes sat, "Guys just fucking stop!" She calls out, watching as John B pushes JJ back to try and stop him. "Hey, hey." He says, trying to calm JJ down.

"Dirty fucking Pogues, you were better off as Rafes bitch Emilia!" Topper calls out to them as he walks off. Her face scrunches up and she takes a step back, shaking her head.

That was it, it set something off in John B as he turned with no hesitation and threw Topper to the ground.

"Oh!" Sarah gasped, taking a step back from the situation quickly. "Babe, babe babe, babe-" She panics, quickly helping him up.

"John B!" Pope tried to call out from the sidelines. "We're supposed to be incognito, remember?" He yells, shaking his head.

JJ wraps his arm around Melia's waist, pulling her close to him. He know's she's clearly uncomfortable by whats going on but she won't show it. He had calmed down instantly when he saw the split second of an upset look on Melia's face the second those words came out of Toppers mouth. He knew he just needed to be by her.

See, something you don't know is that Rafe and Emilia dated in seventh and eighth grade, but soon what appeared to be a perfect relationship, quickly turned toxic.

Topper gets up and approaches John B, quickly throwing a harsh punch to his face. The second that the impact was heard, JJ brought Melia closer to him, whispering quiet "it's okay, it'll be okay"s into her ear.

"Guys? Guys!" Sarah calls out, shaking her head as she tries to stop them, but Topper had just thrown John B down into the water and threw a kick to his side.

"Hey, John B, don't make me drown you like your old man, all right?" He calls out, splashing water over his face. Emilia winced harshly at the mention of her dad in such a way, she shakes her head, simply in shock. It was all becoming a blur to her. JJ rubbed circles on her waist while holding her close.

People all around them were chanting fight at them, Topper throws another kick to John B's side, and thats when Melia snaps. She moves JJ's arm and runs toward them, throwing a hard punch to Toppers face, giving John B some time to get up.

Topper turns around and without hesitation throws her to the side, making her fall and hit her head on the rocks. Everything became blurry and the noise of people chanting was replaces with ringing in her ears. Two head injury's in one day? Yeah that fucking sucks.

JJ runs over to her, sitting beside her and keeping her head up. Making sure that she's alright. But whilst he was distracted, John B was literally getting drowned in the sea.

"Topper stop!" Sarah cries out harshly from in the crowd, which makes JJ turn to see the scene infront of them. Topper was holding John B's head down, right in the water.

"Don't let your sister end up stuck here with nobody!" He yells as he holds John B down into the water, chuckling emptily.

That was it for JJ, he grabbed his gun from his pocket and lifted it into the air, everybody gasping and turning to back out of the boneyard - everybody except the Pogues, Sarah and Topper.

"No!" Pope yells from beside him, but it was too late. JJ had approached them and was holding the gun up against Topper's head. Click. There goes the safety catch.

"Yeah, you know what that is." JJ spits out. "Your move, broski." He says, knocking his head forward with the gun. Topper lifts his hands up into the air and starts to back up, leaving John B to be able to breath once again.

"JJ, stop! Chill!" Pope called from behind him. He glanced back at him and furrowed his eyebrows, seeing Kiara beside Lia trying to stop her bleeding just set something off in him. He couldn't stop, not now.

"Put the gun down!" Sarah yells, shaking her head.

"Did you say something, Princess?" He yells, lifting the gun up to the dark sky and shooting two warning bullets.

"Okay. Everyone, listen up! Get the hell off our side of the island!" He yells, watching as everybody runs off. Sarah and Topper run off together.

John B's head fell back down into the water.

Splash.

/ / / / / / /

NOTE FROM EMI: now you know a tiny bit more about emilia's past, but not all that you think. there's more stuff to do with rafe guys just bear with me, im thinking of when to start introducing it into the story 🙏