She took Nutella and licked her spoon, her eyes all upon Arsalan. "This is not sweet enough for me." He breathed, taking his wife's hand and sucking her finger that had chocolate over it.

He shook his head, disapproving the taste, his eyes mischievously glowing, telling her it was not enough, he needed more of her. Both of them could sense the moment building until Inaya came and abruptly included herself over dinner.

"I'm sorry, but I hope it's okay if I join." Thankfully she had raised her eyes only after Sithara withdrew herself from Arsalan.

Sithara pressed a small smile. It was funny to Arsalan because he could read how unfriendly it was. She had asked Arsalan to stay away from her and now, she was here, irritated when Inaya interjected.

"I noticed, you always eat late." Inaya commented. It was addressed to him alone even though everyone knew Arsalan and Sithara always had dinner together.

"Ah, yes." Arsalan put his thoughts about his wife on hold and gave her a courtesy smile. "It's not helping." He unintentionally joked, signaling towards his bowl.

"It's gross!!" Inaya exclaimed and Sithara could not help but raise her eyes. "Why are you even eating this?"

Before Arsalan could object, she had taken his bowl away and had served him biryani. "Phupho told me you love her biryani. Honestly, it's my favorite too ever since I've had it."

Sithara had taken offence. How dared she do that. Arsalan could not take a bite without his wife's permission. He knew that eating porridge was his punishment for 'a' making her work beyond office hours and 'b' for following an unhealthy routine. "Khaein." She taunted him.

"Oh, you are vegetarian." Inaya said as if it was a pitty. "Eat no, it's delicious." She further pushed him.

Sithara only got angrier. She wanted to leave but she could not be rude. She inhaled trying to ignore the situation and calm down.

"Water." Arsalan wanted Sithara to engage but before she could Inaya filled a glass for him.

Sithara was done eating long ago and was only waiting for Arsalan but Inaya wouldn't stop talking. She was getting bored as they were talking about the project she was interning in with him. She silently sat, eating some extra strawberries now, minding her own business.

"Pepper?" Arsalan demanded. He didn't need it but it was right next to Sithara. He could see she was zoning out and he wanted to keep her with him.

"Really?" Inaya asked. "I think it's just fine but do you like its flavor?" She took it from Sithara's hand, sprinkling it on Arsalan's plate, not a percent aware of their dinning table romance.

Sithara found it quite dumb of her to not realise it till now. Everyone, even Ammi had understood what Arsalan demanding something over the table meant. Ammi pretended she didn't know, she acted as if she did not see Arsalan playing with Sithara's hands over the course but everyone knew and here was this girl, so ignorant even after having shared so many lunches and dinner with them over last few months.

Sithara was not being excessively bitter but honestly, she had noticed Inaya did a lot to gain Arsalan's attention. She usually lets it go, and lets it be, thinking of it as nothing more than a crush, but right now it was pissing her off.

"Actually, he likes more pepper." Sithara was exasperated so she added poisonous amont of pepper to his biryani. "Enjoy."

"Where are you going?" Arsalan asked when she got up and walked away.