"I try so hard. Arsalan doesn't let it work." It wasn't a furnished excuse but the main problem. Ever since their marriage Sithara had always ensured she had the last meal of the day with Arsalan. She loves to be there with him when he finally dissociates with the world and it's just them. But unlike Arsalan she doesn't have a perfect metabolism. Eating late adds onto her pounds while he maintains his desired weight despite the unhealthy habit. He'd also sleep less hours than her and always be fresher and more energetic. She envied his agility and strength that came so naturally to him. If she'd ever complain he simply asks her to eat and sleep whenever she wants but it wasn't easy.

"No Ammi, I ain't eating nor letting him eat." She answered. "Will get ourselves some porridge that's it."

"But Arsalan." She stopped realising Sithara was clear she had to make her husband suffer.

"Thank you for feeding the children though, I don't know what I would do without you." Sithara was glad Ammi had fed the children. It was a task in itself.

She had always felt that she would need to live with her own mother to be able to work and take care of her children but luckily Ammi had been very cooperative and nice. Of course, that saddened her mother because she got no time with her especially because of her not so sweet relationship with Arsalan but overall her married life was quite decent in her husband's house.

Ammi shook her head. There was no need to thank. "I'll give Arsalan's Abba his medicines then.."

"Sure, sure, you go Ammi. I will manage. Sleep now." Sithara spoke to her and her eyes fell on Arsalan who was walking down the stairs with a glint in his eyes, and his signature no smile smile. She loved it, it meant he is in a playful mood, it meant fun, and that gave her so much thrill.

"Arsalan. You tire me." His mother complained with a sigh.

"That's criminal of me Ammi. At this age I should only be tiring my wife not you." Arsalan circled his arms around her, with his eyes on his wife. His mere presence had washed away her bad mood and made her happy and excited for no reason. It still felt like she was a stupid little girl newly in love.

"Tricks." She argued. "All you do is tell us silly, sweet lies when you only care about your business and money." She had always hated his fascination with money. "Sab yahin chor ke jana hai, nah Abba samjhe nah tum samaj rahe ho."

"Ammi." Before he could explain his mother stopped him. "I know you'll fool me with the same words your Abba has fooled me for fifty years. I'm going."

"Ammi.."

"Tell me if you want to eat anything else." She quietly added before she left. She couldn't protest loudly but she didn't like how Sithara's arrival in Arsalan's life had changed his diet so significantly. She had known his son to love chicken, fish, and beef and now he didn't have any choice. It made her sad especially because he worked so hard.

Sithara could feel his eyes upon her as she read her mails. He was stood across the table, leaning on to the chair, waiting for her to finally pay some attention on him. She shut her laptop down before walking over to the refrigerator to bring milk to the table.

Arsalan pulled his chair and sat as she poured the milk in two bowls. He observed her curiously until she added the porridge. He was simply disappointed. He wished if he could actually go ask his Ammi to serve him some biryani. Sithara added some dry fruits, and jaggery before serving it to him.

Sithara watched him continuously as he ate. It was really sadist of her because she could see the despise carved on his face but she liked it. She knew he was doing it for her, to compensate.

She brushed her cold feet over his under the table, catching him all off-guard but she pretended as if she did not know what she was doing. Arsalan's foot was ticklish.