Chapter 10: My tick tick time is up

Zacznij od początku

"Let's get back to business, shall we?" he asked, turning back towards SMG4.

"Y-Yeah, Let's." SMG4 agreed, before pausing. "Wait.. what IS our business here again?"

SMG3 frowned and took out his notebook. "Okay, hold on, let's review what we know.."
"Again?!" SMG4 whined, cutting SMG3 off. "Didn't we JUST re-enact the entirety of our investigation for Meggy and Tari?"

SMG3 rolled his eyes. "Come on dude, repetition is helpful for this kind of stuff. Helps you process the information better.. I think.."

"But we JUST did that?" SMG4 says "If there were like..6 months between the last time we talked about this case and today I'd get it but another review right away?"
SMG3 just raised his eyebrows. He wasn't in the mood to argue with SMG4, not while standing in the destroyed remains of his beloved Café. And SMG4, thankfully, seemed to pick up on that.

"Fine, fine" SMG4 relented, looking around the Café for a place to sit. "But let's make it quick" he said, while walking towards the only table in the entire Café that WASN'T somehow destroyed.

"So, lets summarize" SMG3 began, while pulling out one of the chairs. "This whole story starts with me going on a tour around the Graveyard and leaving Eggdog and Eggbaby here in the Café"

"Terrible decision on your part, really" SMG4 remarked, but SMG3 ignored him.

"Then, shortly after 7am, someone breaks in, makes a lot of noise, takes Eggdog and leaves"

"But not Eggbaby!" SMG4 adds

SMG3 nodds. "Right, right. Not Eggbaby. Anyways, one of the neighbours calls the cops-"

"Still not sure how" SMG4 remarks.

"-and they surround the place" SMG3 continues "meaning that no one left or entered the building during the time after the break-in and before you showed up."

SMG4 nodded "The events of the break-in themselves seem clear to me, but everything else is confusing"

"Everything else?" SMG3 raised an eyebrow. "Yeah, you know" SMG4 shrugged "The messages on my phone, how we got your phone and how Mario fits into all of this"

SMG3 scratched his beard. It was true that the most confusing part about the break-in was everything that happened AFTER the break-in.

"Do you think this was all just to mess with you, Three?" SMG4 asked, but SMG3 shook his head. "Maybe, but I don't think any of my enemies are THIS dedicated to pranking me.. except for maybe you"

Ignoring the fact that SMG3 apparently had multiple known enemies, SMG4 smiled. "Nah, my days of annoying you are behind me" he said, trying to sound like a wise old man. "Pff, you sure? You still are pretty annoying to me." SMG3 smirked softly, enjoying the presence of his fellow Meme guardian.

Despite everything, it was nice to hang out with SMG4 like this.

Just him, and Four.

Them.

And FM.

"Hey Fellas. Am I interrupting a date?" FM asked, suddenly appearing behind them. "FM? How did you get here?" SMG4 asked, the surprise almost making him fall out of his chair.

FM raised his eyebrows. "I came in through the front door? Did you really not hear me over the sound of your flirting?"

"It wasn't- no I mean what are you doing here?" SMG4 asked, getting up from the chair now.

"Do you have any new clues for the case?" SMG3 asked excitedly, but FM just shook his head. "Sorry bud, nothing new to report" he said, before turning towards SMG4.

"I'm actually here for you"

"For me?" SMG4 asked, tilting his head slightly. "Why?"

"Remember how I said that you'd owe me something for not telling Hall Monitor that you're not an actual detective?" FM asked.

"Well.. I'm here to cash in that deal."