I pulled up to the front of her house and she got out and walked up her porch steps before looking back at me once, then proceeding inside. I buried my face in the steering wheel and tugged at the roots of my caramel hair.

I went back to the party and found a wildly drunk Alex smoking pot in the backyard with a few other guys.
"Bro, I'm tired lets go." I approached him and patted his shoulder. He looked up at me with bloodshot eyes and nodded. he threw the roach to the ground and stomped it out and said good bye to his new friends. Since Alex was still in a drunken state, for his safety's sake I dropped him off at his house and told him to come by for his car in the morning.

Kassandra's POV

I woke up with a slight headache and it progressively worsened as the memories of events that occurred last night rushed into my head all at once. I stared at the ceiling as if it were the most interesting thing in the world. Today is Sunday so I have to face Matt at school tomorro- No wait I'm on winter break. Fuck yeah. I'm sure he'll forget everything that happened and just forget my existence all together. The way things have been. I check my phone for the first time since before I left the party and I have 14 missed calls and 29 messages from Dana. Shit. I totally forgot about her. I began to scroll through the messages,

hey where are you?

hellooo?

Kass wtf

I'm calling you why the fuck aren't you picking up???

I began to feel worse the further I scrolled. Then the last text she sent was a simple "well call me in the morning so I know your okay I'm assuming you left" I feel terrible. I called back and she answered on the second ring.

"Hey bitch where the fuck did you go? I was worried sick." She said with more relief in her voice than anger.
"I know I know I forgot to text you and tell you I was leaving. I'm really sorry."
"Okay it's fine you just scared me. But- wait who took you home?" She asked and I began to panic. what can I say that will sound believable?
"I got my friend to take me home." I tried to keep my words to a minimum because I'm a terrible liar.
"Hm. Which friend?" She asked suspiciously. My palms grew sweaty as I tried to come up with a quick reply.
"You don't know her I just met her last night."
"Give me a name maybe I know her." She countered. She knew I was lying. I stayed quiet knowing I already lost. "Now tell me who really took you home. No bullshit." She said without a trace of amusement. I sighed giving up. I can't lie to her, she sees right through me.
"Okay. I'll tell you only if you promise not to ask about it any further." I said trying to avoid going into detail about anything that happened last night.
"Okay... fine. It was Matt."
"WHAT."
"Nothing happened."
"WHAT THE FUCK HOW ARE YOU GOING TO LEAVE ME HANGING LIKE THAT."
I chuckled at her reaction.
"That's all the information you're getting so." And with that being said I ended the call.

-

"I know you said you didn't want to talk about it but, I can't just leave this alone. Matt? Really?" Dana starts as she spoons another heap of ice cream into her mouth. My eyes rolled to the back of my head.
"I'm not going to talk about it." I say sternly. She pouted and I sighed. "Okay let's just say he was doing an old friend a favor. But that's it." I tried my best to keep a short answer praying she doesn't ask more about it.
"Okay. If you say so." She shrugs and finishes the last of her ice cream and threw away her cup. I did the same and we made our way to my jeep wrangler which was also my baby. I drove down the highway as Dana began to speak again. "Soo guess who has a hot date tonight?" She smiled cheekily and tucked her curly hair behind her ear.
"I'm guessing you?" I laughed keeping my eyes on the road.
"Maybe.." Even though I wasn't looking at her I could tell she was smiling like an idiot.
"Is it that guy from last night?" I guessed.
"Yes! He's taking me to a movie then we are getting sushi after." She gushed.
"Oh! What movie are you seeing?"
"Insidious chapter 3."
"D.."
"What?"
"You hate scary movies."
"I know.. but! If he sees me scared he'll get all macho and try to protect me."
"Damn you're good." I admitted. She was so good with guys. She always knew what to do. What to say. I wish I had her people skills.

-

After I dropped Dana off at her place and I went back home and took a shower. I stepped out of the shower and pulled on a huge tshirt with the tobasco hot sauce brand logo across my chest and put on some shorts. I walked down the hall to my room while towel drying my hair. I sat on my bed opening my mac, I log on and check my grades. I heard a faint tap on my window, I chose to ignore it. I continued what I was doing until I heard the tapping again but this time louder. Annoyed and determined to find out what exactly it was, I slid on my bed and stood in the middle of my room and waited to see if it would happen again. There it was again. I turned in the direction it came from and I was now facing my window. I cautiously walked towards my window. I unlocked the hatch and lifted it sticking my head out and looking down. Hell no. Not you again.

***

OKAY SO IN HONOR OF MATT'S BIRTHDAY I AM UPDATING THIS CHAPTER!! ENJOY AND DONT FORGET TO LIKE AND LEAVE COMMENTS. WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT?