[2a] Someone's Safe Space (1/2)

Start from the beginning

~~~~~

[Back to Hal]

You feel like you are laying in a pool. It's watery and the ground is covered in tiles. You open your eyes. You now find yourself in a bright, quiet place full of pools. You feel at peace, but at the same time, anxiety.

You stand up from the pool you're lying on, you're very wet. You walk around, trying your best to not slip and break your head open.

You've been walking for quite a while now. It's all the same thing. Pool rooms everywhere. Being in a resort is relaxing, but this kind isn't, it's just making you feel extra anxious. Although eventually, you find a set of stairs that leads to a door. You really hope it's something different inside. You try to open the door but it seems to be locked.

Knock knock knock.

... There's no response for a few seconds till a voice, which sounded like they were on the verge of tears, spoke from inside the door.

???: "W-Who's there?"

The person sounded like a little kid so you try to sound gentle.

Hal: "Hello! I'm... I... I'm a little... lost. I- I was trying to run away from someone and fell into this place and found your room. Do you mind if I come in?"

The person didn't respond but you do hear footsteps. The door then opened, revealing the person behind the door. He's a black sphere head with a blue outline. He wears an outfit typical simple goth teenagers would wear. Just like Nautilus, he also has a little hair sticking out on his head. He doesn't have a weird face unlike Nautilus and Aura, which is good. He looks like he's around 15-16 years old, but he sounds like a child because of his squeaky voice.

???: "H-Hello... I uhh... I'm sorry. I don't know what to- I don't normally get visitors. I prefer to be left alone but... it's easy to get lost in the pool rooms and..."

Hal: "Hey, it's alright. I can leave you alone and give you some space. I'm not forcing you to help me, alright?"

???: "Nonono! It's okay! I want to help! I want to help..."

You're starting to feel bad for this person. He seems really sad and lonely, but at the same time, he chose to be alone. But also at the same time, he sounded like he needed someone to be with him. There was silence between you two. You decided to break it by having a little introduction.

Hal: "The name's Hal. Nice to meet you! And you are...?"

Puffer: "I'm Puffer. N-Nice to meet you too, Hal."

Before you could say anything, you and Puffer heard the sound of growling in the distance, which sent shivers down your spine. You look at Puffer, he's as terrified as you are. He then quickly grabbed your hand and pulled you into his room and locked the door. He starts to pant a lot.

Hal: "W-What was that...?"

Puffer: "I think that's HIM. I don't know why he's down here, but I know HE makes that kind of noise sometimes."

Hal: "He? Who's 'he'?"

Puffer: "He's... wait a minute..."

Puffer scanned you from head to toe and then ran to his closet. He looks like he's looking for something. You can hear him whispering.

Puffer: "Hal...? And they look exactly like what He described how they look like. Could it be...?"

You saw him holding what seems to be a sketch of a person that looks similar to you, unless it IS you. But that's not possible, this is the first you and Puffer met. You decided to take a step forward, towards Puffer and touch his shoulder.

Hal: "Is something wrong?"

Puffer: "EEK!"

Puffer's head is now covered in spikes and pushes you away as you trip and hit the ground. He then looks at you, worried. The spikes in his head submerged and ran towards you.

Puffer: "OHMYGODIMSOSORRYIDIDNTMEANTOPUSHYOULIKETHATIGOTSCAREDAND-"

He was talking so fast you couldn't make out what he's saying but he sounded like he was apologizing.

Hal: "It's okay. No need to worry so much."

You stood up and looked at the paper Puffer was holding. He seemed to have crumpled it as you can see the paper's ball in Puffer's fist. You really didn't wanna bring up this topic but you're really curious.

Hal: "Who's that in the paper?"

He didn't answer. You look up to him and see him starting to tear up. Now you really feel bad, you really want to give him a hug. Although before you could, he finally spoke up.

Puffer: "It's..."

"You."