"My household wasn't overly concerned with holidays, so we didn't do anything in particular," Riddle answers. "In fact, I wasn't even allowed to walk around outside on days like this. I was a little jealous of kids who could dress up and go trick-or-treating."

"Your parents sound really strict," Epel sighs. "But you don't have to follow their rules now that you're here at school, right? This is your chance to let loose and have fun!"

"That's not a bad idea," Riddle likes Epel's suggestion. "I'll consider it. In any case, I should be heading back to my dorm now."

"Sure, but before you go..." Epel stops Riddle from completely leaving. "You should come visit my hometown sometime! It's a little far from Night Raven College, but my relatives would be happy to have you. And then we can enjoy my grandmother's food together!"

"Yes, I'll...think about it," Riddle hesitantly agrees. Riddle takes this moment to leave.

"I can't wait," Epel cheers, then looks at me.. "You should come with Y/n. I know my grandmother would love you."

"I would be happy to come with," I smile. "The way you described your family celebration of the holiday reminded me of what I miss."

"That's right," Epel understands. "You don't have family in this world, do you?"

"Nothing has been confirmed yet," I sigh.

"Well, in that case..." Epel grabs both of my hands. "I'll be your family."

"Thank you so much, Epel," I start to tear up some. "You really don't know how much this means to me."

"I have an idea," Epel grins. "Let's spend the rest of the day together."

"Yes," I agree without a second thought.

◦•●◉✿4 days until Halloween✿◉●•◦

˜"*°•.˜"*°•Halloween Week, Day Three•°*"˜.•°*"˜

⦓Botanical Garden⦔

"Hey, Y/n," Cater greets me as I look around at the guests enjoying themselves. "I have actually been looking for you."

"What's up, Cater," I look over at him.

"Come over here and we'll talk," Cater motions for me to follow him and I do. We walked over to a more secluded part of the garden.

"What's up," I question.

"I found something this morning on Magicam and I wanted to make sure that you're okay," Cater explains. "I found a bunch of pictures of you under the hashtag: La Catrina has come to visit."

"Oh, that," I giggle. "Some person came up to me yesterday, early in the day and asked for a photo. I let them take it and they wanted me to create a hashtag, so I did."

"Be careful," Cater warns. "If you feel like you're in danger, come find one of us students. The Halloween committee had put out the memo for all students to keep an eye out for you. Make sure to check in with Heartslabyul through call, text, or in person."

"I will Cater," I agree. "I will also put you on speed dial if anything happens to where I'm not by any Night Raven students."

"Thank you for that," Cater chuckles. "I'll keep my phone on, despite Riddle's future protests. Man, his temper still sometimes the best of him."