The story ends whether you like it or not.

NO EXIT

NO EXIT.

[ One year before
the events of SALTBURN ]

     "I'm dating someone." Felix says, smoking a cigarette by the balcony of Eddie's home with only a towel wrapped around his waist.

"You are?" Eddie asks from his bed, tucking his arms leisurely under the pillow. He's stretched on top of wrinkled sheets, naked and relaxed.

Felix rests his elbows on the balcony to exhale a ring of smoke and ducks quickly back in before the cold air catches up with him. "Her name's India, family's working in metals trading. And she's hot."

Eddie grins. "How hot?"

Felix stubs out the cigarette and closes the balcony door. Climbs back on the bed and Eddie wastes no time in reaching for the towel hanging at Felix's hips, hooks his finger in the waistline and pulls him closer. "Hotter than me?"

"Impossible," Felix admits and melts casually into Eddie's side. "We met at The Kings Arms, she sat down at my table. Farleigh said she'd been eyeing me for at least an hour. Then she finally came over and asked me to kiss her. She'd just joined uni and had never kissed anyone before."

"Brave of her," Eddie quips and slips his fingers into the loose knot of the towel that proceeds to fall off easily.

"I'm the first guy she's ever kissed," Felix says as Eddie's hand scoops him closer by his bare waist. "Like you were mine."

Eddie narrows his eyes, not liking the excited gleam he saw in Felix's. "India, huh?"

Felix lowers his head to playfully nudge Eddie's. Plays with the curls on the younger boy's hair and says matter-of-factly: "Don't be jealous. You know you're my best friend."