I hear the doors open again and rush back up the stairs to see both Isaac and Lee laughing quietly behind their doors. I laugh too but then walk back downstairs, if they're gonna prank someone I'm gonna at least have fun too. Five minutes later me and Isaac go to the bathroom door and Isaac knocks on the door, "Everything okay in there Jackie?" Isaac says trying to not laugh. I stand next to him doing the same but covering my mouth.
"Isaac can you go get Katherine!?" Jackie says panicking.
"Um no, I don't think so." Isaac says while having food in his mouth. I slightly laugh.
"Why?" Jackie asks while yelling.
"Because. There's a bet that you rather skip school, than, you know, go with bleached hair." He says in a, "duh" tone.
"Holy- this is a bet? Isaac you guys told me it was just a prank! You realize what Uncle George and Aunt Katherine May do if this girl snitches!?" I whisper-yell to Isaac while stumbling back but Isaac grabs me by my waist so I don't fall.
"Listen, yes it's also a bet but, I promise I wanted to tell you!" He says back still holding me by my waist. All I do is look down as we hear Jackie panicking more. "Come on Isa! Don't tell me you're mad at me now!" Isaac mumbles as I look up at him.
"I'm not. It's just you're still holding my waist..." I say nervously.
"Oh-" he says, quickly taking his hands off my waist. We walk to the kitchen and grab something to eat trying to forget what just happened.

Later, we all get in the car ready to go to school. "Guess she's not coming." Isaac says to Cole smirking.
"Just wait Isaac, she'll definitely come to school and I'll have my money in no time." Cole says scoffing at Isaac.
I turn to Isaac and laugh, "Isaac don't get your hopes up. Jackie's way different than any of your little sensitive cheerleaders." I told Isaac while still laughing.
"But is she?" Isaac says suspiciously while ruffling my hair while putting his arm around my shoulder. I get butterflies and start blushing but try to not make it obvious, and while I do so Cole starts driving away since Jackie still hasn't come to the car.

We get to school and get out the car just in time to see Jackie walk out of Grace's car. "Ha! I told you she's not like your cheerleaders!" I say to Isaac while grabbing his arm and pulling him into the school with me.
"Hold up Isa! You walk way too fast!" Isaac yells from behind me.
"Benefits of being a soccer player." I bragged to Isaac. We walk to our lockers since they're next to each other and I turn to Isaac seeing he's catching his breath and I laugh.
"It's not funny Isa!" Isaac argued jokingly. We grabbed the stuff we needed and closed out lockers.
"See you next period idiota," I say to Isaac while holding eye contact.
"Yeah, yeah, don't be late though!" Isaac yells as I walk away to my class.

[ Lunch ]
I walk into the lunch room and go into the line right behind Jackie, "Hey!" I say to Jackie in a friendly way. She turns to look at me and once she realizes it's me she turns back around, "I'm sorry about you're hair Jackie, I truly couldn't do anything to stop them from doing what they did." I say to her in an apologetic way.
"You knew about it!?" Jackie says in an annoyed way.
"Well yeah, but I promise I wasn't apart of it! I'm really sorry I should've told you." I respond to her.
"It's fine, as long as you weren't apart of it." Jackie responds back, and by this point we're near the front of the line and Cole comes up to us.
"Hey, Isa I got it from here, you can go to your little crush." Cole says to me while chuckling.
"First and foremost, no way dude I haven't even gotten lunch, secondly, I don't like him!" I ranted to Cole and he grabbed both me and Jackie's arm taking us to the front of the line and paying for both our lunches.
"There." He says to me, "Now, go back to your boyfriend." He says shooing me away. I roll my eyes and walk towards where Lee and Isaac were sitting.
"Sup' assholes." I say in an annoyed tone while setting my lunch tray on the table.
"What's up with you?" Lee asks while chuckling.
"Cole told me to go back to my boyfriend, meaning Isaac." I respond as I roll my eyes.
"Well I mean he's not wrong-" Lee says as Isaac cuts him off.
"Dude!" Isaac shouts at Lee while kicking him under the table. I laugh and sit down. When I do I realize Jackie is sitting with Grace and Skyler, and I hear them having a conversation.
"You're like the luckiest girl in the whole school! You're literally living with the Walters! It's boy, and girl, heaven!" Grace shouts in excitement. I elbow Isaac, then snap in Lee's face telling both of them to listen.
"How?" Jackie asks.
"We'll come on literally everyone is affected by the Cole effect-" Grace says but gets cut off by Jackie asking another question.
"What's the Cole effect?"
"There's no explanation, the Cole effect is just the Cole effect!" Skyler and Grace both say in sync.
"But anyways, there's Alex the bookish guy, Nathan the musician guy, Lee the edgy skater, Isaac the cool dude, Isabella the innocent but strong and fierce girl who has many guys, and girls falling for her, and of course, Cole." Grace says and continues to rant on about something but we couldn't hear her anymore. I laugh at the way she describes me. I'm very good friends with both Grace and Skyler but never had heard any of them describe me like that.
"I mean she's not wrong Isa." Isaac whispers to me seeing that I was laughing.
"And she's not wrong about what she said about you. Those cheerleaders seem to really have a thing for you." I say to Isaac still laughing.