I'm not a violent dog. I don't know why I bite.

Start from the beginning

When Shiganshina is breached, Kore watches as everything she knows gets trampled under the Titans. Parents mourning for their children, children mourning for their parents-Kore has no one to mourn for, so she just runs like it's the only thing she knows what to do. She goes through ruins of a city she once considered home ignoring the pleas of people around her, the screaming, the blood that stains the streets and what's left of the humans that the Titans caught. The only thing in her mind is survival and yet, the desperate hope of living for another day is not enough to save her.

Once again, Kore is saved.
Once again, she hasn't earned it.

By the time she is fourteen, she has created purpose for herself. She wants to be the person on the front, the one who defies their human instincts in the face of duty. For once, she would like to be the one who protects rather than the one who is being protected; fighting for humanity and its survival, no matter the cost. She joins the military with no hesitation, ignoring every cowardly part of her that yearns for a safe, quiet life.

Kore has decided she is going to become someone worthy of survival and yet, the more she fights to survive, the less worthy of it she becomes.

And so the cycle continues.

II. In the life we have chosen to lead, loss is the only constant.

KORE BYRNE LITTLE FLAME.
XVI. Cadet Corps.

IT BURNSBECAUSE IT MUST

IT BURNS
BECAUSE IT MUST

LUCA BAUER LITTLE SPARROW.
XVI. Cadet Corps.

 Cadet Corps