Chapter III "First Mission"

Start from the beginning

They all looked at me with confusion and concern "What's that supposed to mean?" Rengoku asked as I took the sword I used for final selection, unsheathed it and revealed that it was snapped, immediately making everyone's expressions turn to one of shock and horror "This one demon... I nearly killed it but... my sword just snapped..." I explained. Rengoku reached forward and took the snapped katana by the handle, inspecting it a little "Yet you survived..." he pointed out "Well... I had a little help..." I admitted, returning Rengoku's smile "And I expect you returned the favor?" he asked as I nodded in response.

Rengoku laughed a little and took the sheath of the sword before putting the broken sword back in it "All that matters is that you managed to pass, as for the sword, it won't matter since you'll be getting a new one soon," he explained "Thanks..." I smiled "But don't think you're off the hook for the injury," Shinobu popped in, slowly grabbing my shoulder.  I felt a chill run down my spine, making me nervously chuckle as I looked over my shoulder to face her "I completely understand," I responded, seeming to satisfy her since she slowly let go of my shoulder, allowing me to relax again.

Mitsuri and Rengoku laughed at this small interaction "Just like a young couple," Rengoku complimented as they both laughed a little while me and Shinobu blushed "Well... I wouldn't mind it..." I admitted, receiving a gentle slap over the head "...At least wait till we're done with your congratulations," she quietly responded. We both then blushed in silence, looking away from each other while Rengoku smiled in admiration and Mitsuri silently fangirled to herself "I'm sorry to interrupt this moment..." we heard a voice from behind us, making us turn and see Ubuyashiki standing at the door.

We all then immediately stood straight and turned towards him before bowing at him "Master, it is a pleasure to see you..." Rengoku immediately greeted "Please stand, all of you, there is no need for such formalities during a congratulations for a new member," Ubuyashiki assured, allowing us to stand back up. Ubuyashiki then walked towards me and slowly bowed "(Y/n)... It would be an honor if you would demonstrate your breathing style to us all... if you'd please," he asked, causing me to chuckle "As much as I'd like to, the sword I used snap, so I can't really do much," I explained.

Ubuyashiki then smiled "I'm sure that won't be a problem," he said while turning to face Rengoku, who then took his katana and handed it to me "Feel free to use mine... (Y/n)," he said while giving a slight bow, making me freeze for a second and slowly take the katana in my hands "...Ren, are... are you sure?" I asked, nervousness clear in my voice. Rengoku simply nodded "Since your breathing style is a branch of Flam breathing, I see no harm in using my blade," he assured as I unsheathed the blade, taking in the pure clear red color "...Thank you, Sensei," I said while bowing towards him.

Rengoku laughed and patted my head "Your Welcome young (L/n), now please, demonstrate what you used to pass final selection," he said as I stood straight up, walked towards a open area in the yard and took in my first breath "Dragon Breathing..." I said before proceeding to preform my first threw sixth forms.

~Time Skip~

After I had finished preforming my forms, it was already dark out and I had sheathed Rengoku's sword before handing it back to him "AMAZINGLY DONE!" Rengoku complimented "Indeed, you can clearly see the flame breathing spirit in the forms," Shinobu pointed out "IT WAS SPECTACULAR!" Mitsuri added.  I bowed towards then before turning to Ubuyashiki, who have a nod of approval "You have become a fine demon slayer (Y/n), and I can't wait to see you off on you first mission," he said, making me smile widely and bow to him "Thank you Master," I responded before standing back up.