Chapter II "Final Selection"

(Y/n) POV:

It took several days of running with hardly any rest to support just how weak my legs felt, but I eventually made it to Mount Fujikasane, able to see the glowing wisteria trees lighting the way as I walked down the path and up towards the main area where a large amount of people were also waiting to take final selection. I found a place and got comfortable as a few minutes passed and two girls, one with black hair and the other with white stood smiling before speaking "Everyone, we thank you for coming here tonight, to the demon slayer corps final selection," the spoke in unison.

It was eerie to see them speaking in unison, but it was quickly shattered when the white haired girl took the lead "There are demons imprisoned here on Mt. Fujikasane, captured alive by the demon slayer swordsmen, and unable to leave," "That is because Wisteria, which demons hate so much blooms year-round from the bottom to halfway up the mountain," The black haired girl explained. "However, there is no wisteria from this point on, and so demons abound," the white haired girl revealed "You'll need to survive for seven days to pass Final Selection," the black haired girl explained "And now, be on your way," they said in unison.

I processed the information quickly as people started moving and running down the mountain, and I shortly followed suit, running down the mountain and running deeper into the forest 'Only seven days, it's manageable, but definitely difficult,' I thought to myself while running before I sensed something near, making me stop. I held my sword at the ready, attempting to pin point where the presence was coming from before hearing a loud snarl and a demon quickly slashing at me, but I luckily managed to move out the way in time "Finally! I've been starving for year!" he yelled while drooling.

I got into my stance and readied myself as the demon dashed forward and at that moment, I took a breath and unsheathed my sword "Dragon breathing... First form," I said as the demon got up close and I dashed forwards "Dragon Fang Slash!" I quickly cut the demons neck with lightning speed before cleaning and sheathing my sword. I breathed heavily for a while, feeling the effects of a breathing style for the first time 'Jeez, so this is what they feel all the time...' I thought to myself as my breathing finally calmed down and the demons remains disappeared into ash '...Can't believe that worked,' I looked at my sword and took pride in my own custom breathing style.

I then continued on my way into the forest 'To survive for seven days, just sleep during the day and move during the night,' I strategize as two more demons came out from the forest "Piss off! He's mine!" the demon yelled to the other "I called dibs first!" he yelled back before they both rushed at me at the same time. I took a deep breath and unsheathed my sword "Dragon breathing, Second form: Impenetrable Scales!" I yelled before quickly spinning my sword around me, and a gold dragon appeared that surrounded me and immediately cut the necks of both the demons.

I stood straight up as the demons then started to turn to ashes "I honestly thought this would be harder," I said to myself while cleaning and sheathing my sword "Then again, it's called final selection so... maybe not the best idea to challenge it," I walked down the forest more keeping an eye out for any more demons I might need to slay. While wandering through the forest, I also managed to save a few people, getting them out of sticky situations and leaving them when they are ready to venture alone again 'Just seven days...' I reminded myself as the sun then slowly begun to rise.

~Day 2: Second Night~

I walked through the forest and felt the presence of a demon nearby before quickly back flipping and nearly dodging a fatal attack "Damn it, we got an aware one..." he groaned while facing me "And looks like I got a gloomy one," I said before dashing and attempting to swing at his neck, but he quickly blocked it "Nice try, I'm not brain dead like the rest," he said while pushing me back. I quickly regained my footing and examined him "May not be brain dead... but definitely not the most experienced," I said while taking in a breath and he attempted to dash at me again "Dragon breathing, Third form: Swarming Dragons!" I yelled while suddenly disappearing.