Chapter 2: A Night in Kalos.

Start from the beginning

"Alright everybody, it's safe to walk on." He announced, walking forward with Cap on his shoulder.

Murdock and Orla followed suit with Mollie coming right after. Ludlow, being older, now needed some assistance from the three youngest crew members. Liko, Roy, and Dot helped him onto the bridge. Ludlow's posture was more hunched, but that didn't stop him from moving out and about.

"Thank you, children." Ludlow thanked them as he grabbed his cane from Roy before setting off on his own.

"Do you think he'll be alright?" Liko asked Dot.

"I'm sure he'll be just fine, but just to make sure, I'll look after him." Dot assured as she strolled next to the old man.

Liko and Roy were the last in line to follow. They took in the scene. They have officially landed in Kalos and are now heading inside one of the wonders of the world.

When they got inside, they were greeted by one of Clemont's assistants, who was actually a robot, it turns out. The machine was humanoid in a way but still had the mechanical look.

"Welcome to Lumiose Tower, Clemont is awaiting your arrival in this main office." It spoke in a female-like voice and analyzed the crew before continuing. "Follow me, please."

They walked down a hall with paintings depicting legendary Pokemon and some they had never seen before. The crew walked down a few staircases, which proved to be a little tricky for Ludlow, but they managed without too much trouble. They eventually reached the end of their little trip with a double doorway, which promptly opened when they got closer. It revealed a luxurious room with giant windows that displayed Lumiose City in all of its glory. Bookshelves and lanterns everywhere with a painting of Lumiose Tower at the ceiling. They found Clemont sitting by his desk busy writing on stacks upon stacks of paper, not even when noticing them walking into his room.

"Ahem." Friede coughed in order to get the blonde's attention.

Clemont looked up and smiled. "Ah you made it here safely." He stood up, spreading his arms in a welcoming gesture.

"The famed Rising Volt Tacklers." Clemont grinned, reaching out to Friede for a handshake. Friede raised an eyebrow before taking Clemont's hand in a firm grasp.

"It's good to finally meet the CEO of Clemontic Industries." Friede laughed lightly as he let go of his hand.

"Ditto, It's not every day that I can meet one of the world's greatest treasure hunters." Clemont said as he waved at the other crew members.

The crew waved back, and Orla was the first to speak up. "So what exactly are you hiring us for?"

Clemont tilted his head and fixed his glasses. "Well you came all the way to Kalos, so I can assure you it will be worth the time and effort."

"Oh and my apologies, the world champion couldn't make it as he ran into some trouble getting here." Clemont mentioned causing Roy's head to drop in disappointment while Liko patted his back.

The gym leader slowly turned to reveal his back, which had some kind of machine attached to him. Suddenly, four mechanical tendrils slithered out of his backpack and began to lock onto the ground. The arms hoisted him up in the air and began climbing around his high bookshelves. The arms had hands shaped oddly like the ones of an Aipom.

Roy elbowed Liko and whispered something to her. "I think this guy is already cool, don't you think?"

Liko took another gaze at Clemont and back at Roy. "Yeah I think so too-"

"Whatcha guys talking about?" A voice suddenly whispered between Liko and Roy.

Liko's eyes widened, and immediately backed off in shock with Roy doing much the same. The two friends were now in the presence of the Serpent trainer of Kalos. The famous trainer who controlled the snake-like Dragon known as Zygarde.