Chapter Two

Flashback

<Mathayom 4, 2018>

It was lunchtime, and Phuwin was busy fumbling with the Rubik's cube in his hands. Over the last 3 years, Phuwin managed to solve different types of Rubik's cube puzzles. However, this one that he's currently working on is nearly impossible to solve.

While Phuwin continued to fumble on the cube, a tall-sized O-liang (Thai Iced Coffee) landed on his table.

Phuwin looked to see who it was, and a smile broke on his lips when he saw the face of the person that he was expecting to come.

"I thought you were busy," Phuwin said, with a hint of sulkiness in his voice.

Pond could only smile as he brushed his hair backwards, and sat down on one of the chairs.

"I know how you crave O-Liang after lunch, but hate the long queues at the cafeteria."

Phuwin smiled at what Pond said. Only a few people know how much he likes coffee, and this gesture from Pond warms his heart.

"You sure know a lot about me now, but I only know a few about you. You might even know me more than P'Dunk."

Pond inched closer to Phuwin. The latter looked to see his surroundings to check if other people were there.

"Wh-what are you doing?"

"Letting you know more of me by looking into my eyes."

"Psh. Trying to be romantic?" Phuwin said, and playfully pushed Pond.

A smile traced Pond's lips when he thought of an idea.

He grabbed Phuwin's hand and placed it on his chest.

"How about this? Will you know more about me through this?"

Phuwin was speechless. He doesn't know how to answer. He could only look at Pond in his eyes, as he felt the loud beating of his heart.

"Ehem."

Their moment was cut short when the two heard someone clearing their throats.

Pond and Phuwin turned to see who it was, and saw Patrick and Prim awkwardly smiling while raising the food they had on their hands as if inviting them to eat.

Pond smiled at the two.

"Sawadeekha, P'Pond." Prim greeted Pond.

"Sawadeekhrap, P'Pond." Patrick also did the same.

"Sawadee," Pond said and did the gesture that his two juniors made.

"Ahm...we can...go outside for a while..." Prim said and grabbed Pat's arm when Phuwin stopped them.

"Ah, no. P'Pond was about to go anyway. He just handed me the coffee P'Dunk bought me."

"Ah...okay," Prim said and looked at Pat.

Both had knowing looks on their faces.

"I got to go now. Have fun." Pond said and stood up from his seat.

Pond was about to go out of the room when Phuwin spoke.

"I'll give this to you next time. I'm not done with it yet." Phuwin said, and raised the Rubik's cube in his hand.

Pond gave Phuwin a smile and nodded. "Sure. You can take all the time in the world before you return it to me."

Phuwin nodded.