"Please," he mutters into his pillow, settled onto his side as Zhongli fucks into him gently with his fingers.

Zhongli loves this, the way that Childe begs so sweetly. How he bucks against his hand, trying to take his fingers deeper. Zhongli presses in with a third for good measure, the kind of tease that annoys Childe more than not because he'd rather his cock fill him.

All in due time.

Zhongli pulls out his fingers and presses a loving kiss against the skin of Childe's shoulder. And then Zhongli's cock slides right home until his hips are flush with Childe's ass. Childe sighs as he leans back against him, the sound far more delicious than his pained cries in his sleep. This is why he does this, why he comforts Childe in these middling hours of the night.

Childe is warm and tight around him, despite how easily he presses in. Zhongli takes a moment to relish it; the soft, hot give of his insides and the way that Childe's hole tightens around the base of his cock when fully seated. He resists the urge to immediately fuck into him, though Childe makes it hard.

He's already pressing back, already keening softly, wanting Zhongli to utterly ruin him.

"Alright, darling," he says against Childe's ear, licking across the shell of it. Zhongli sets a pace that's too slow for either of them, languid and long thrusts that punch moans from Childe's gut.

Childe squirms in his grasp as Zhongli wraps an arm around his waist to hold him close. He dislikes that he can't meet Zhongli's thrusts easily like this, but that isn't the point. Zhongli fucks into all the right places so he can forget the ghosts of the past and live in this moment instead.

Zhongli changes the position of their hips and presses in at a different, deeper angle that leaves Childe gasping for more. Breathless and heady with want, his eyes squeezed shut. Already so close to tipping over the edge.

Never takes much, not with how much Childe loves this. And Zhongli loves the feel of him, of course, but it's the sight of his arousal that always brings forth the end. The sweaty feel of their skin, the wet slap of Zhongli pounding into him, slick limbs against limbs—all of it ignites the want deep in his chest and brings forth those old instincts he once thought he'd lost.

Childe is his, so wholly and utterly, but Zhongli belongs to him too. Irrefutably intertwined, both in spirit and body. Zhongli could die a happy man, having experienced such a feeling, such closeness with another. He doesn't know where he ends and Childe begins, only that they were made for each other.

"Quit thinking so hard," says Childe suddenly. Not angry but probing nonetheless. Just as Zhongli worries, Childe does too.

"I'm only thinking of how much I love this." Zhongli fucks into him harder but not faster, aiming his cock right where Childe wants it most. "And how much I love you."

"Archons," breathes Childe, turning his face into the pillow to hide his embarrassment.

Zhongli chuckles against the side of his neck, sucking a bruising mark into the skin there. Childe's ass tightens around his cock, his hot warmth sucking Zhongli right in. It's perfection that Zhongli ruts into. He clings to Childe as he presses in over and over, pleasure coiling his gut. His instincts are on fire as they tell him to lay his claim.

And Childe would let him. He has done so, time and time again, given in to the dragon that rules Zhongli's core, the only opposing force that he'd ever willingly submit to. He's the only person who's ever seen Childe so vulnerable.

Before Zhongli, Childe fucked around, but he never slept over and never stayed the night. He's all but made a space within Zhongli's home, and carved a permanent spot in his bed.

"I love you," says Zhongli again, unable to stop himself.

Childe's ass squeezes his cock tight as he fucks in deeper before, heavy and punctuated strokes that hit his prostate with perfect precision. Childe cries out, fingers scrambling against the sheets as he tugs at them. Zhongli's hand snakes around his front, grasping at his cock in time with his movements.

And fuck, if Childe isn't the most beautiful man he's ever seen. Face flushed and ruddy with pinked cheeks. The way he bites at his lip to hold in those embarrassing cries. Zhongli wants to hear them, to pull them right from Childe's throat, so he doubles his efforts.

Childe comes first, all over Zhongli's hand and the sheets, his body shuddering and his legs tense. Zhongli strokes him through it, whispering tender words against his neck, love, and adoration tattooed into his skin. He grinds his cock in deep and lets Childe ride the high of his orgasm until he's overstimulated enough that tears leak from his eyes.

But Childe loves it, which makes Zhongli love it too, and it isn't long until he tumbles over too, and comes deep inside. Zhongli doesn't move immediately, his cock nestled snugly inside Childe. Unwilling to budge an inch, soaking up as much of the moment as he can.

Childe hums, content, reaching back to scratch his fingers through Zhongli's hair. "Fuck," he murmurs sleepily, his eyelids already drooping. "Gods, I—I mean, I love you too, but—"

"Shh." Zhongli is quiet in that calming way of his. He combs his fingers through Childe's unruly hair, scratching at his scalp gently. And Childe cries out in a different sort of way this time, satiated and drunk on the soft afterglow of their lovemaking.

Zhongli should clean up. He moves to pull out but Childe reaches back.

"Wait," he says, and Zhongli stops. "Just... let's fall asleep like this. I don't want to forget."

Zhongli can't help the soft smile that curls his lips. He presses his forehead into Childe's sweaty hair and noses along the back of his neck. Salty and sweet smelling. Addictive. Zhongli can't think of something he'd rather do than stay pressed together so intimately until the late hours of the morning.

"Alright," he says, his voice low and soothing.

Childe hums again, then his breathing evens out. Zhongli feels honored that he's allowed to see him like this, so vulnerable and open. He dreads the inevitable day that Childe will have to leave. Once he does, who will take care of him?

And who will take care of Zhongli?

Still, they have this moment together. Zhongli does everything he can to commit this sense of calm to his memory. He'll preserve it for as long as possible, this feeling of utter completion.

Warm, soft comfort. The way that he's pressed against Childe's back until there's no room left. How his soft cock is engulfed in warm and fine heat. The soft, smooth rise of Childe's chest under Zhongli's hand.

Zhongli just sinks into the sweet bliss, his eyes tugging close as that sleepy haze settles over him.