Jessa was a little shocked when Dennis requested this of her.

"But are they not the princes of your people and shouldn't they be doing their duty there?" Jessa demands when Dennis makes his request.

Dennis shakes his head. "No, Jessa, my people and I have realized something some time ago. The sun elves are no more, not really. Mother is sick and I am thankful that she was able to spend her last few years among those that love her, but when she dies I will be abdicating and giving the throne to you. 

"My people know this and have even asked this of me. Our own pride destroyed us even before you came to us. My people have found peace here and wish to unite fully with my cousin's people. Lexin was purged by fire and we have found a rebirth here."

Dhiren looks to Jessa and nods. Jessa turns back to Dennis, a person so different from the one they met decades ago. "Very well, Dennis, if that is what you wish. Have you talked to your children about this?"

"Yes, they would rather be elite guards for the crown princess and prince.

"You don't understand just how sought after being on the royal guard truly is. They have worked hard and will continue to work hard to be given the chance."

"That's all they will be given, is a chance. They will have to earn the right to stand guard for our children." Jessa states.

Dennis nods and smiles sincerely. "I understand and so do they. They will work as hard as Sorsha's children. Indeed, they are jealous of their half siblings that they are already guards when they will have years of training to go yet."

"Oh, they might be singing a different song once they get in regular training with me and Dhiren." Jessa says and snorts a little bit and then colors in embarrassment at the sound.

"They have watched the practices of the guard and when you spar with Dhiren. They have requested Sorsha to train them and she's been doing so for years now."

"Oh, good, they won't be complete idiots when they start with me. Bring them to the practice grounds tomorrow morning and I'll see just how well they've learned from Sorsha."

Jessa wasn't sure just how well they would be trained. She knows that Sorsha's health hasn't been good for some time. In fact she ordered Sorsha to come visit so that she might take a closer look at what is wrong with the elf queen.

That night she goes to Sorsha's room and with Jethro's assistance takes a look at Sorsha to find what is wrong with her.

Jethro is very solemn by the time they are done. They talk quietly as Sorsha once more falls asleep. "Jessa, I know that you are close to her, but there is nothing more that could be done for her."

"NO, I refuse to believe that Jethro." Jessa says and returns to Sorsha's side.

Before anything more can be said there is a knock and a servant comes in and whispers to Jessa and Dhiren.

"Shit!" Jessa says looking agonized.

"I'll take care of it, Jessa. You do what you need to help Sorsha." Dhiren tells her even as he magically calls for his armor and weapons. He kisses Jessa goodbye and goes out to fight.

What they didn't realized was that the enemy was a dragon deity that wanted revenge for Jessa and Dhiren killing all their children.

Jessa prays that Dhiren will be safe as he leads his men against the enemy. She then turns back to Sorsha and calls upon her own abilities and using her blood tie to Sorsha sends that healing deep into her.

Sorsha gasps in pain and then once the pain eases she relaxes more than she has been able to since her last battle.

"She will be able to become a dragon in time, if that is what you wish." Lady Fey tells her as she watches Sorsha relax free from pain for the first time in years, decades really.