Vol 3/Chapter 51: Hitting Walls Everywhere

Start from the beginning

Cyra shrugged and gestured I could leave.

"What? How can this be?"

I was dumbfounded when I heard that. I was counting on Aetina to help with my magic issues, how will I get through the competition this afternoon? Should I just rely on a few low-level spells?

"What do you mean how can this be?"

Cyra looked at me strangely, wondering why I showed up to class holding a book. She didn't understand what I meant.

"You're usually so diligent, reading these magic books all the time, yet today you want private tutoring from the teacher? What gives?"

"It's not that...I just wanted Aetina to demonstrate one spell for me!"

I looked at Cyra and suddenly thought maybe I could have her try.

"How's your incantation learning going? With one extra month you should be able to recite them decently right?"

Although Cyra only had two wings, with angels' innate talent, she should have no issues executing advanced magic in terms of "hardware".

"Of course, I've been studying diligently this past month, and can already chant a full spell fluently!"

She immediately lifted her head proudly and bragged to me.

"What, you want me to tutor you in magic? Come, let this uncle enlighten you!"

Smugly closing her eyes, she held out her hand asking me to give her the magic book.

"Alright, I'll call you teacher today, Teacher Cyra!"

I was overjoyed, immediately holding out the advanced magic book respectfully in both hands for her.

"It's the first spell - 'Holy Cross Slash'!

Considering the long incantation, I thoughtfully told her where in the book it was.

"Since it's advanced magic, the chant is pretty long. You'll need some patience!"

"Oh, is that so..."

Cyra first casually read a few pages, then her expression gradually hardened. She rapidly flipped through the rest of the book, and finally slammed it shut with a "pap", smiling at me.

"Hehe..."

"Hehe?"

I was puzzled, not understanding what she meant.

"You should keep this and study yourself!"

Without another word, Cyra tossed the book back and headed out of the arena.

"If it was too much just say so!"

Getting the book back, I understood what happened and said unhappily. Her attitude was too much, acting all capable earlier yet still a weakling in the end.

"Please! I've only studied magic for a month. With tens of thousands of words in these advanced spells, who knows how long it'll take me to chant it for you!"

Cyra turned back and retorted defensively.

"Besides, I didn't lie earlier. But with my current level, I can only cast relatively simple intermediate magic by chanting. How would I know you asked about advanced magic? I really can't help you there!"

Alright, maybe I did expect too much of her...

Thinking about it, Cyra's level is already quite good among average angels. Viewing incantations as a language, her speed has been remarkably fast.

But with things turning out this way, what should I do for the competition?

In the remaining time, I also went to the Hall and Elara's room, still hoping to get Elara's help demonstrating it, but unfortunately didn't see her around.

Left with no other options, I desperately got help from Norma.

But after glancing at the magic book, Norma coldly said,

"I'm just an internal affairs official at the Tivi Palace, very busy, and have never left Edenmere. Of course, I don't need to learn magic beyond ordinary humans, let alone recite such long incantations. I don't have the time."

"Do you know anyone who can? Just demonstrating once will do!"

I quickly followed up, though the outcome was expected.

"Come to think of it, one of my friends who's an eight-winged angel may be able to...only she's probably too busy now, having signed up for the magic competition this afternoon and busy preparing."

"As for other angels..."

I see, so no hope then.

"To my knowledge, actually not many angels in Edenmere can do such complex magic, because just chanting takes so long. Most who can have gone out campaigning with the angel legions, those left behind generally don't even know intermediate magic. Likely only high-order angels with profound magic mastery can chant spell-free."

Seeing my situation, Norma kindly explained.

"Is it that difficult?"

Looks like I underestimated advanced magic. Even Aetina may not be able to successfully cast it.

Since advanced magic was out, I could only compromise and ask Cyra's help with some simple intermediate magic to get by.

Time quickly passed to noon. At this time, Cyra, Norma and I were already beside the arena.

Having promised to watch Nicola's match, I couldn't go back on my word, plus we looked forward to her new killer move.

"What do you think Nicola's hidden skill is?"

Lazily sitting ringside, Cyra absentmindedly watched two other angels fight on stage while asking me.

"I guess it could be some hidden Condensation Sword move, so no one can see her innate weapon."

"Nonsense! Condensation Sword isn't some ordinary weapon you can casually whip out. You'll kill someone."

I scoffed, clearly she knew nothing about Condensation Sword.

"Then what do you think it is?"

She immediately retorted.

"How would I know?"

I scoffed again, always hating riddles like this.

"We'll see when she's up anyway."

"Is it the next round or the round after?"

Cyra uncertainly asked Norma.

"Should be next. She told me her number was 110."

As expected of the head internal affairs officer, Norma had a terrific memory, immediately recalling the number Nicola left her yesterday.

"Next up, Number 110 Nicola and Number 111 Ayshu..."

Right on cue, the referee announced the next round of competitors after the current match ended.