The Fountain

5:45 PM.
I lied on my couch in my small New York apartment sipping my CocaCola. " What am I going to wear?" I mumbled to myself. I slumped off the couch and walked to my closet , looking for a dress. " Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope!" I said as I flipped through the dresses. I fell back onto my bed. I groaned." I should just quit. I can live in a box on the street. Boxes can be luxurious . And who needs food! I'll get paper and a pencil and write my books." I stared off at the ceiling and started to cry . I am never going to be able to do what I love. I sat up and wiped the tears sliding down my cheeks. I went to grab a tissue off my bedside table and saw a glistening shine coming off something in my closet. I got up and looked to see a dress I missed . My mother's dress.

I grabbed it off the hanger and held it up to me as I spun around in front of the mirror. " Oh mother, it's so lovely." I whispered to myself.

7:45 PM.
15 minutes? Dammit! I'm not a punctual person and that is for sure the only thing I really am sure about with myself .I finished my eye makeup and patted my cheeks with a little powder. I spritzed the perfume quickly and zoomed out the bathroom. I ran out the door and got in a cab and flew to the venue.

I was assisted by a man who wore an extremely fancy suit. " Ma'am , welcome to The Fountain."

I nodded . I walked into the venue and there were people everywhere . There were so many decorations but the real distraction to me was the bar. I smiled as I slid to the counter.

" Hello ma'am , what can I get for you ?" The man said .

" Scotch. On the rocks. PLEASE." I looked around the room , observing all the people .

" Here you go." The man said.

I sipped the drink. Now to find Jagger.

Mick's POV
I laughed as I pretended to understand the jokes that these petty rich people were telling me.
" Miiiiick. I want a drink." Chrissie whined. Chrissie Shrimpton is my girlfriend. We've been dating for 3 years. She's always taking and taking and taking from me. And while she is taking from me, she wants more! I just am not happy with this relationship and my mother keeps pestering me to ask Chrissie to marry me. I just don't want to settle down with someone like that. I've been seeing a girl named Marianne , but my mother wouldn't be impressed .

Margaret's POV

I finished my drink and decided to search for Jagger. I walked through the many people sipping their drinks , speaking elegantly about their summer homes in Spain, and all the talk that I just loathe.

Mick's POV
I continued to pretend to listen to Chrissie's complaining. I zoned off and looked at the people. Then. I saw it. I saw her. The most beautiful woman I've seen in my life. She was wearing a beautiful white dress. Her eyes were a glowing green. I was mesmerized . " Would you excuse me?" I said to Chrissie while still in a trance.

" What? " She shouted." MICHAEL PHILIP JAGGER! GET BACK HERE! I AM THE SINGLE GREATEST THING IN YOUR LIFE. YOU HORRID BOY!" She screamed.
I continued to walk away from Chrissie's incessant shouting. I came closer to the beautiful girl and she caught eye of me and looked....relieved?

Margaret's POV
" Oh good! Mick Jagger! You're here!"
He looked at me with confusion . "I'm Margaret Falpin." I said seeking to shake his hand.

" Oh! Right ." He said in a slurred cockney accent.His lips weren't as revolting as I thought ." Margaret. You are supposed to interview me?"
"Yes.My assistant should've told you this morning."
" Oh she did." He chuckled ." I was still asleep." His eyes squinted as he laughed.
" I'm sorry. " I anxiously laughed." Anyways, let's get this interview out of the way."
" Alright." He said licking his lips." There is a room in the corner over there . We should be able to get some quiet there."
" Okay." I said following him.

We got back to the room and I put down my papers and bag. " Ok so we should be able to finish this in about 10 minutes . I don't want to take up much of your tim-." I was stopped by his thick lips suffocating mine . I jumped back breathing heavily. " What the hell?"
" Don't tell me you didn't like it." He said coming closer.I flew to the other side of the room.
" Oh no I didn't. I didn't like it...AT ALL!" I anxiously laughed.
" Oh come on now. Don't tell me you don't feel what's between us." He said with his drunken voice.
" Oh and what's between us? Your putrid alcohol breath?" I said with disgust.
He chuckled." You're clever. I like that in my women ."
" YOUR women? I'm not one of your women."
" You're a difficult one, aren't ya?"
" Listen up." I said pointing my finger at his face. " I came here to do a simple interview with you. I came here to do something I don't even like! I hate my job! I really do! And right now, you're making it a lot easier to hate it!" I breathed heavily.
" You hate your job?"
" Yes. I hate it. I want to write novels. I want to have the time to write whenever I wish and not have to worry about my rent!" I laughed with anger as I sat down. " You know what? It isn't any of your business." I sat back up and walked towards the door. He stopped me.
" You know. I think I can help you." He said with his lips drooping and his eyes somehow snatching mine.
" And how is it that you could help me?" I said with emphasis on help.
" My mother wants me to get married. And your pretty little wife image would look great.-" I cut him off.
" You've got to be out of your mind!" I shouted.
" But. In return. You will not have to work for your Red Gla...Glu...Glis..Gla-."
" Glam." I said with my attitude a flame.
"Right. And you will have all the time in the world to write novels and sit on the terrace and collect all the little ideas you want." He said licking his lips.
" Ok. " I loosened from his grip ." You want me to marry you so you can impress your mother?" I laughed. " I overestimated the whole rock guy ego . You're all little boys . Not just that,you're momma's boys!" I wailed with laughter.
" Ok laugh all you want , but I really need you to help me." He slurred.
" I know nothing about you.How could I marry you? " I said raising my eyebrow.
" I sing. I'm in the band called The Rolling Stones. I live in London. Sometimes I live in California. I like reading. I enjoy American television. And my favorite color is purple." He said with a casual tone.
" Oh." I forced a laugh ." And that's it? Now I can marry you! I know your favorite color!" I said sarcastically.
" Malgat."
" It's Margaret." I rolled my eyes.
" Right. Please just do this for me.All you have to do is pretend to be my lovely little wife.We don't have to sleep in the same beds or anything. That is of course...you know if you want-"
" Alright. " I cut him off." Now I'm only doing this to be able to write my books. And I don't want to do anything with you when your mother or paparazzi isn't there. Got it? " I said pointing at his face.
" Oh I got it, baby." He laughed .
I rolled my eyes.

What the hell am I doing?