Ch 24: 'Feeling This'

Start from the beginning

******

Uraraka: "Oh! I, uh...I told my parents that we were, um...Y-You know...Uh! T-They seemed happy!"

(Y/n): "Oh, yeah? That's cool." [Chuckles softly] "Honestly, I was a little worried your parents might not like me."

Uraraka: "What? Why not?"

(Y/n): "I don't know." [Nudges Shoulders] "Just something about 'I make people see their worst nightmares come true' doesn't exactly sound like the go-to approval from a father saying to date his daughter."

Uraraka: "Oh! Haha! You've got nothing to worry about, (Y/n). My Dad's pretty cool..." [Raises eyebrow] "Though he did say he'd have to 'get serious' if you hurt me."

Yeah...I may not be afraid of villains or monsters. But the potential rage of a father...That was something every man feared. And I think Uraraka seemed to pick up on it. Most probably due to the fact my entire body stopped in the middle of the walkway toward our class.

Uraraka: [Laughs] "Seriously! Don't worry! I told my Dad I'm old enough to pick the right guy to date, and he understood that...After I threatened him that I wouldn't speak to him for life if he tried to ruin anything."

(Y/n): "O-Oh...That so? C-Cool....Cool...Cool..."

Uraraka: [Giggles] "You're being silly. I like that side of you."

(Y/n): "Me being silly? Uraraka! I'm a guy! It's, like, programmed in us to fear our girlfriend's Father. You get it easy!"

Uraraka: "N-Not necessarily...What's if your Mom doesn't like me?"

(Y/n): "Oh, yes, my Mom. The very woman who can't help but smile at people when they step out in front of her in line. Sure...She'd totally not like a girl who totally makes her son feel special in this world..."

A few seconds was all it took before my body froze once more. I realized the words almost instantly, and when I did, I was quick with an apology.

(Y/n): "U-Uraraka. I'm sorry, I-I didn't mean to say something so soo--"

But upon turning to her, I saw Uraraka was blushing. A soft smile pressed onto her lips as she looked at the ground. Despite dating for a few days, the idea of saying such 'lovey dovey' things was unnatural to us both. But sometimes, like now, it just slipped out. And when it did, it left both of us to worry that the other would grow awkward from it. But as we were both beginning to understand, hearing such things wasn't so bad. 

Something I was reminded of as Uraraka and I looked at each other once more. Honestly, in this moment, I wanted nothing more than to just lean down and kiss her. However, we were in a busy walkway, and Uraraka and I both agreed to ease into this relationship thing when concerning others. So, we simply kept the smiles and returned to walking toward the classroom entrance. However, my eyebrow began to raise as random students who were walked passed began cheering and patting me on the back.

"On it, (Y/n)!"

"You lucky bastard!"

"Congratulations!"

"Enjoy it while you can!"

"I'm so jealous!"

(Y/n): "Um...Alright?" [Turns to Uraraka] "You know what's going on?"

Uraraka: "No. Maybe its to do with the Sports Festival?"

(Y/n): "Yeah. Surely it's got to--"

"Hey, Uraraka! You're so lucky!"