Ch 24: 'Feeling This'

Start from the beginning

But at the end of the day, punching Endeavor felt like a victory in of itself. And I don't just mean that out of a snarky way. After everything that happened with Todoroki, I saw Endeavor in a new light. I didn't like him before, even as a hero. But now I saw him as a monster that lurks in the shadows. Endeavor thought he was safe from his past, but little did he know that there are things that search for the monsters, even when hidden in the darkest shadows, and I'm just one of them. But Endeavor was given a taste of such when my fist collided with his face, and the world was left to witness it in awe. But whereas the world saw it as nothing more than an accident that happened, I made sure Endeavor knew otherwise. 

As the fog of the explosion covered us, I grabbed the proclaimed hero by the crop of his hero outfit. Only done thanks to his dazed and confused focus due to the sudden attack. During this time, I told him everything. Of everything I saw. Now, some may think that was stupid. But I wanted him to know that I knew everything. Because I wanted him to have that constant fear to hang over his shoulder all the time, that I could reveal the truth whenever I so pleased. Of course, I wouldn't do that. But I made him think that. That's why, when people checked in on us, he told them it was nothing more than an accident. But he knew, deep down, that it was the exact opposite. 

And I rest assured that one day, when I became a proclaimed hero myself, I'd finally bring him down for what he did. But for now, he's seen as a hero, and admittedly, he's doing more harm than good. But his time would come...They all do. But even with all this, and the fact I didn't win the tournament, that wasn't to say there were things that made my life the perfect state that it was now. And one such thing, of course, was me finally being able to tell Uraraka how I felt. Well, I didn't exactly told her, I kissed her. But still, the point was proven, and in return, I found out that she liked me back. Something she chose to tell me with words, after we finished kissing. It was a little awkward at first. 

But a day or two later, and things seemed natural, like nothing changed. Something I was a little worried of due to the suddenness of it all. But seeing as we both liked each other, we blended well together, to the point it seemed like nothing changed. Of course, Uraraka and I proceeded to hang out outside of school, which we really didn't do much before. But even that was a blast. Though, I did have to text Bakugo and lie saying I was out of the city. I just knew that when he found out he'd freak, and me and Uraraka wouldn't get any time together. However, we did plan to tell people eventually. But right now, it was the sweet life, to put it simple. One such simple thing was riding the train together to school. 

Something we were forced to do with all the rain pouring down outside. But even with this weather, we still found the time to smile to each other. That was...Until we were suddenly interrupted.

"Oh! Midori--(Y/n)! From the hero class!"

(Y/n): "Huh"

Just like that, I lifted my head at the mention of my name. Uraraka doing the same. It didn't take long to see who was talking to us. Then again, the mere mention of my name seemed to cause everyone in the surrounding area to turn towards us with various smiles and such.

"Good job at the Sports Festival!" [Thumbs up] "You were so close!"

"Sucks your last attack missed and hit Endeavor."

"You were really cool!"

"I love your hero costume!"

"Though it was kinda scary."

"My little brother says he wants to be like you now!"

"Can I have an autograph from an up-and-coming hero?"

"You're gonna be number 1 one day! All Might better watch out! Haha!"

To be honest...It was still weird to have so many people cheer me on. And whilst I didn't let that lead my life, I still accepted it with the best smile I could. Something that was helped by Uraraka. All it took was the gentle touch from her hand to help calm my nerves and get me through this moment. All the while, in the city background, footage of Bakugo winning with a 'disgruntled' look on his face could be seen on a big screen. However, little did I know, that whereas my life seemed perfect right now, for others...It was anything but.