Part 9

Of course, you didn't go on a date with Tony that night, or answered his calls. You simply ignored his existence for the entire week. Until the night of your father's and Amanda's anniversary. You parked in front of the mansion and made your way inside. Tony's gaze immediately fell on you wearing all black. You ignored him and went straight towards Natasha, who was standing alone by a table.

"Finally." Natasha breathed out when you approached her.

"I'll take this." You told the waiter, who placed a glass of wine in front of Natasha.

"What did you bring them?" She asked, making you turn towards her with your eyebrows furrowed.

"What?"

"What gift did you bring them?"

"You think my presence is not enough?" You asked, making her laugh, but that was cut short when Tony approached you. You rolled your eyes and put the drink down.

"Can we talk?" He asked you.

"Talk." You replied.

"In private." He added.

You looked at Natasha, who was trying to hold in her laugh. "I'll see you later." She told you before walking away.

Tony looked you up and down, his gaze lingering for a moment longer on your legs. "Did someone die?"

You raised an eyebrow.

"You're wearing black." He added, making you roll your eyes as you grabbed your glass and walked away, Tony immediately following you.

"I'm in mourning." You told him.

"Really?" He asked, walking slightly behind you. "Who died?"

"Your humor, among other things."

"Ouch." Tony said, speeding up to walk next to you now. "What's with the attitude?" He asked as you placed your empty glass on the tray the waiter was carrying. You noticed he was still following you, so you abruptly stopped. Luckily, you were at some distance from other people.

"What do you want?"

"I just came to talk to you." He said."Where's your date?"

"He couldn't be here. Not that it's any of your concerns."

"Well, I hope you had a nice time with him the other night."

"I did." You replied, not moving your gaze away from him.

"Is this thing between you and him becoming serious?"

"Are you interrogating me, Tony? What is this? What's with the concern about my love life when you have that girl... whatever her name was? You can't have both at once. You chose her and now go on, be with her. I wish you two all the best. I'm not going to be your second choice, or even worse, someone you use just for one night."

"Are you done?" He asked, taking a step forward, while you took a step back and felt your back hit the wall."Who do you think you're talking to with that attitude, Miss Y/L/N?"He asked, lowering his face towards yours.

"We're around people, behave."

"Do you think I care about other people?" He asked. "I told you, Y/N, I don't care in the slightest about her or about other girls, I-"

"Y/N, Tony. It's so nice to see you both here together." You heard the voice of your father and you quickly parted from each other as he approached you with Amanda.

"Dad." You smiled at him, placing a kiss on his cheek before he hugged you. "How are you?"

"I'm alright, my dear. I was expecting you to arrive with Tony."

Your eyebrows furrowed. "Why would I- you know what, I'm not even going to ask." You said, patting his arm before parting from him.

Amanda glanced between you and Tony, the scene they walked in flashing again and again in front of her eyes.

"So, how are you two getting along?"He asked.

"Like a cat and a mouse." Tony mumbled out. "It's only a matter of time before your daughter scratches my eyes out."

"It's nothing you don't deserve." You said.

"Uh... " Your father looked between you two. "Is something going on?"

"Nothing important, dad. Don't worry." You said, shooting another glance at Tony and walking away, with Amanda quickly following you.