CH.6 SHE WAS EVERYTHING

Start from the beginning

Read

Wednesday, 8:50pm

I saw you at the campus park earlier, I wasn't sure if you wanted any company, you seemed deep in thought. I miss you Unnie.

Read

Thursdays, 11:10pm

We miss you, we went to the movies earlier. Hanni didn't talk much, I guess she misses you too. I don't know what happened or if something did happen. Please talk to us.

Read

12:00am

Unnie? You read it!

Read

12:01am

Hyein-ah, I'm sorry I know I made you guys worry, I just wanted to be alone. I know I should've said something but at the time, leaving seemed like the better option. I'm fine, please don't worry anymore. I miss you.

12:02am

I figured as much, Eunchae on the other hand really wants you back, I guess she can't live without you. I'm a little jealous.

12:05am

I promise I'll be back, I have to go Hye.

Coffee Shop
Narrator's Point Of View

Haerin woke from her slumber, she laid in bed staring at the blank white ceiling of her brother's apartment. She wasn't sure what to make of this pathetic escape from reality, Hanni. She turned to her side looked at her phone, she checked it, Dead Battery.

"Might as well" she mumbles and gets up from bed.

Haerin lazily stumbled out of her room, seeing this Soobin chuckles and prepares her a plate.

"Good morning sleepyhead, you came home pretty late last night." Soobin said, wearing his clean white polo and black slacks.
"Yeah, I shadowed dad at the office, to meet with his patients and stuff, and lots of studying." Haerin slumps on the kitchen stool, resting her chin on her hand.
"Well then, I need to head out, Mom wants me at the office." He serves Haerin with toasts and eggs and hurriedly gathers his things.
"If you're not going to the hospital or anywhere else, order food, I do not want you burning my kitchen." He shouted as he left the apartment.

It was just Haerin again, alone with her thoughts, she wondered if it was the right time to return to her apartment. She misses her own bed and her roommate, the way Eunchae would barged in her room to wake her up or she would just jump in bed with Haerin to cuddle with her. Haerin chuckled at the memories she had shared with Eunchae, she finished eating and washed the remaining dishes, and got ready to leave.

In the midst of packing her clothes, Haerin saw something every familiar on the top right corner of her cabinet. A white jacket, black lining on it's sleeves, and star designs around. Haerin's heart skipped a beat, her breathing got heavier as each second passes, she slowly reached for it and held it in her hands.

"Just when I thought I've erased every trace of your existence, you keep coming back to me." Haerin mumbled to herself, clutching the jacket, it's been in storage for a while but a tinge of the calming sunflower scent she used to wear.