xiv. deb ball

ALL THESE PINS IN MY HAIR were starting to make my head feel sore

ALL THESE PINS IN MY HAIR were starting to make my head feel sore. remembering that i would have to do the dances and stuff just made me regret agreeing to this even more.

but it was almost over, thank god. and jeremiah agreed to do the deb thing with me.

"y/n, i didn't even notice you were here!" shayla enthusiastically walked up to me.

she grabbed my hand with a smile. "come, i saved you a spot."

"i wasn't done getting-" i tried to say, but cut myself off when she sat me down next to nicole.

"hey. you guys should really talk things out." shayla told us.

i liked her. and what she was doing, trying to problem solve. but i didn't see why it really mattered since nicole and i weren't really as close as her and belly.

but i guess i could use not having any enemies in cousins.

"nicole. what you think is not what happened. can i just explain?" i told her. some could say she didn't deserve an explanation, but i saw a girl hurting. seeing how happy she would get when conrad gave her attention.

she faced me, waiting for me to start talking. i sighed. "i haven't told much people about this, so please don't go blabbing your mouth about it. but, i had a crush on conrad for awhile back when i was younger. we ended up dating for a few months when i was fifteen, but it was in secret, 'cause i knew someone who also really liked him who was close to me. i did the wrong thing and i broke up with him because i was scared, i threw everything away"

i took a deep breath before continuing. "luckily, we're still friends now. all of this isn't relevant, but i'm telling you this 'cause you always mentioned how you had this suspicion of me and conrad, so here it is. i'm not into conrad now. you already know, i'm with jeremiah right now. me and conrad are friends, and he only asked me to the deb ball because i didn't have a date, yes his mom asked him to, but he was just trying to help me out."

i don't even know why i told her all of that. i haven't even told my own sister all of this, my own boyfriend, me and her were hardly friends.

"it's okay." nicole smiled at me. "conrad's a fuckboy anyway. but, you're kind of a fuckgirl too, y/n. first you get with conrad, then you get with his brother, you're playing with some hearts."

"well, when you put it that way.." i mumbled. "the thing is though, i'm over conrad, like i'm so over him. we're just friends."

nicole gave me a smirk. "no one ever really gets over their first love."

before i could say anything, she got up, leaving me there. i didn't know what i was supposed to say to that.

ੈ✩‧₊˚ ੈ✩‧₊˚ ੈ✩‧₊˚ੈ✩‧₊˚ ੈ✩‧₊˚ ੈ✩‧₊˚