"𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙨𝙣'𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜"

En başından başla

"Grey will be here in~ I don't know~ less than 3 minutes or more. And he is obviously gonna find out." Lucy wipes the dry tears off of her face with the sleeve of her jacket, still clearly trying to compose herself.

"Well what do we do then..." Lucy crosses her arms, her voice still jittery from crying. Tim lets out another sigh as he looks around the room thinking before pulling his attention back to Lucy.

"Go sit in the break room. I'll talk to Grey, I'm sure he is here by now." Lucy nods before Tim goes to open the door allowing Lucy to walk out first.

Lucy does as he said and sits in the break room meanwhile Tim makes his way to find Sergeant Grey.

Just as Tim walks down the hallway, opposite of Lucy, his phone rings.

"Jackson West."

Tim answers. "Bradford." He says after pulling the phone to his ear.

"Hey it's Jackson, Lucy~ she isn't here. She left me a text on my phone saying she was going out. That was at around five... Something. I-"

"She's here." Tim says cutting Jackson off.

"Thank god. Is she okay?"

"I don't know."

"Wha- what does that mean?"

"I'll have someone explain, just get your ass over here. Lucy needs you..."

***

Lucy is sitting at the break room table meanwhile Tim is talking to Sergeant Grey. She is scrolling on Cliptok with the small remaining percentage she has left on her phone.

"Hey, Lucy, are you okay?" Lucy looks up from her phone as she sees Angela walk into the room.

"Yeah..." Lucy turns off her phone and sets it face down on the table.

"Uhm~ Tim~ he talked to Grey~ told me what happened..."

Lucy looks down as she pulls her hands under the table to her lap, fiddling with the ring on her right hand. Angela sighs and sits down at the table before speaking again.

"They asked me to come get you. Grey wants to speak to you in his office."

"This is bull shit." Lucy mumbles to herself in a whisper as she stands up from the chair and brushes past Angela.

Angela turns around and looks back at Lucy with a frown as she watches her exit the room.

***

Lucy knocks on the outside of the office door before dreadfully letting herself in.

"Chen, why don't you have a seat." Sergeant Grey gestures to the chair placed beside the one Tim is sitting in. Lucy runs her left hand through her hair, guiding it behind her ear as she sits down.

"I assume you know why you're here?" Grey crosses his hands in front of him on the desk.

"Mhm." Lucy murmured, nodding, as she tightened her lips into a thin line.

"Tim told me what he had said, and I have to agree with him. I don't think you're ready to be out on the streets just yet, especially with the information I was just told."

Lucy rubs her chin, clearly annoyed, and clearly trying not cry.

"Lucy, it's for your own good, we-" Tim gets cut off, not by words but by her actions as she pushes herself off the chair assisted by the arm rests and walks out saying nothing.

She feels as if a balloon is inflating in her stomach, she feels guilty, but no reason behind it. She can feel the sob growing in her throat like word vomit when she can't stop talking.

Lucy eventually makes her way to the woman's locker room, she walks through the door in hopes no one being in there. Luckily for her the room is empty.

She finds her locker and sits on the bench in front of it, meanwhile Tim is looking around the station for her after a less than 1 minute conversation he and Sergeant Grey had after she walked out. It was about Lucy of course, but obviously nothing bad. Just that he better go after her, make sure she's okay and Grey agreeing before dismissing him out of his office.

***

Lucy can feel her heart beat like it's about to fly through her chest, she doesn't know what to feel, either it's anger, guilt, regret, sadness, fear. She tries to control herself.

"Lucy! Are you in here?" Jackson enters the room and looks around. He hears the slightest bit of sound coming from the heal of Lucy's shoe as her foot bounces up and down against the floor.

Jackson turns a corner and his face drops when he sees Lucy sobbing. He instantly runs up to her and hugs her.

Lucy tries to speak but it's practically inaudible. All Jackson can do is hold her, and comfort her.

After a few moments Lucy as calmed down, they pull away and Jackson brushes Lucy's arm following a light squeeze before letting his hands fall to his lap, roll call has already started but he doesn't care, and Lucy was already told by Sergeant Grey that it wasn't the best option to go back to work just yet.

She sighs before speaking. "I'm gonna go home, Grey already told me I shouldn't be working with-" Lucy shrugs with a small shake of her head.

"I heard what happened, and I won't force you to talk about it~ are you sure you should be alone right now?"

"Jackson. I'll be fine~ okay." Lucy stands up and wipes her cheek with her hand before walking out. Jackson gets up and follows her.

"Lucy, wait!"

She turns arounds and drops her shoulders in annoyance.

"What?"

"I'm worried about you Lucy."

"That's been going around..."

"Look what if I ask Sergeant Grey to let me have a day off? I'll stay with you today? I don't want you to be alone..."

"Jackson, I don't want you missing out on training because of me. And rookies don't even get off days."

"She'll stay with me." They both turn their heads to the side as Tim walks up to them.

"Tim-" Lucy opens her mouth to speak but Tim talks first.

"Grey already cleared me for an off day. We're all worried about you..." Tim hesitates.

"And Grey doesn't think you should he alone right now."

"That's what I said!" Jackson blurts.

"Oh for crying out loud!" Lucy tilts her head back in frustration.

"We just want to help you Lucy."
Tim states.

Lucy sighs. "Fine, whatever. But i'm driving there myself."

__________

Hey guys! Hope you're enjoying this story so far!
Poor Lucy, going through so much, but things do get better for her! My Instagram dm's are open to any idea suggestions! Link is on my profile as well as my other socials!🤍🤍