Abby told us that when her mom and brother disappeared, her dad started acting weird. He would throw things around his room and scream every night. It scared her. Personally, I didn't care what scared her or what didn't. I hated her. But I guess we had to help her.

Also, every chance she had, she reached for my hand. Naturally, I pulled it back and wrapped it around Chester, who looked extremely terrified at everything Abby said. I held him close, though, and he seemed okay when I did this.

Speaking of Chester, I noticed that he kept his water cup (Sorry I forgot to add that Abby gave Parker water and Chester an empty cup) raised high, as if to block an attack. I was confused at first, but I didn't think much about it. 

"And that's what you need to know." she said, reaching for my hand again. Of course, I pulled it away and glared at her. Then I saw she was holding a glass shard. 

It was aimed at Chester.

I was mad now. That's why his cup was raised. However, I contained it and asked, "Do you have a place that we could sleep in for tonight?"  

"Yes." she said, bringing us to a white room with one huge bed. I thanked her as politely as I could, but it was hard, since, you know.

Then she said something that stopped me.

'Parker, come on! Let's go to our room!"

I stood there, motionless. Did she really think...? Was she okay? Did she not realize that she was my ex?

"No." I said. "I'm sleeping with Chester. I always do." I wrapped my arms around his trembling body. "Shh Chester it's okay it's okay..."

He snuggled closer to my chest and I rubbed his back, mumbling words of comfort in his ear. Abby looked angry now. Chester and I climbed into the bed, getting under the covers.

"Well at least come kiss me goodnight!" she said desperately. I shook my head.

"I would never kiss you, even if it meant winning one million dollars." I said. Then I did something that surprised both her and Chester.

"Good night, Ches." I said softly.

Then I kissed his forehead.

-----------------------------------------

I'm sorry this was short. Don't worry, the next  ones will be longer.

~Luna~