~ch.22~

No one's pov:

"Takemichi!"

"Michi!"

Both Hinata and Y/n shouted out to the blonde who was getting beat on. Y/n's face scrunched up in anger. She felt pathetic for not doing anything but watching.

But best believe, if she could do something, she most definitely would. It's just that she was frozen in fear.

This big well built guy just reminded her of her father a bit too much. As she watched him beat on Takemichi she couldn't help but remember the day she found her dad, mercilessly beating up a frail looking guy in the middle of their living room.

Fortunately during that time she was well hidden so her dad never saw her. And to this day he still has no idea that she witnessed such a gruesome scene.

After that night she would wake up to the sound of someone begging for mercy. She wouldn't sleep after waking up to such a sound. She was just glad that Akito was only a couple of months old, so he doesn't remember a single thing.

It was only just recently that her dad has been acting more like a normal dad.

"Taiju! Stop please!" She snapped out of her thought at the voice of Hakkai pleading his brother to stop.

With heavy breathing, y/n looked over to Hakkai and saw how scared he was.

"Hakkai, when you ask someone for a favor..." he spoke while holding Takemichi up in the air and punched him repeatedly in the face. "... you need to give something in exchange."

He stopped punching Takemichi and looked at his younger brother with an evil grin. "Give me something that makes it worth my while, if you don't then this punk dies." He finished.

Taiju readied himself to give the fake blonde another hit, but stoped when his younger brother spoke up.

"I'll quit." He said.

"I'll quit Toman and join Black Dragon so I can assist you." Taiju looked back at his brother with a smirk displayed on his face. "So let Takemitchy go! That's my offer!"

Taiju let go of Takemichi and let him fall to the ground.

"Hakkai." Y/n called out so soft and so quiet.

Slowly Hakkai walked over to the unconscious boy and put him on his back. He turned to walk the opposite direction of his home as the 2 girls followed after him.

As they got further and further from the Shiba home, y/n still felt scared. Her hands were shaking and the whole time they were walking, she didn't dare to look up.

What made it worse, was that Yuzuha stayed back. So this whole time she was worried for the brunette she had just met and became fond of.

The other 2 who noticed the scared girls shaking were concerned. She may have not been the one that was attacked or injured but the look in her eyes was enough for them to know that you don't have to be physically hurt to be scared. You can also be mentally scared. 

"Takemichi!" Hinata called out.

"Hina?" He called back.

"Hey, you alright Takemichi?" Hakkai asked. He didn't answer, he just stood quiet on Hakkai's back.

"Thank goodness. Thank goodness you're ok Takemichi!" Hinata fell to her knees and held her hands together. Tears started to fall from her eyes. She was happy her boyfriend woke up and seemed to be alright.

"There's a hospital just up ahead." Hakkai informed.

The group started to walk again.

"Hakkai, I'm sorry you had to quit Toman for my sake." He apologized despite being in pain from all the hits he took in.