Business, Blunders, and Beyond the Veil

As dawn broke over Kampung Pelangi, casting a serene light across the town, Afiq, Nadia, Ravi, and Siti gathered once again in the now-familiar confines of Afiq's garage. The air was thick with the anticipation of embarking on their first real venture, but also tinged with the unease of recent strange occurrences.

Afiq, ever the optimist, rallied the group. "Today, we start putting our plan into action. We've got our market research, our business model, and Duplico. Let's tackle our first hurdle: production."

Nadia, who had taken the role of the group's strategist, outlined their approach. "We need to be careful about how we use Duplico. Our resources are limited, and we still don't fully understand its capabilities or limitations."

Ravi, glancing at the pulsating slime, added, "And we need to figure out a system for tracking our finances. This has to be a sustainable business."

Siti, her eyes reflecting a mix of excitement and apprehension, suggested, "Let's start small. Test the waters before we dive in too deep."

Their first step was to create replicas of traditional crafts, like the ones they had seen in Pak Harun's workshop. These replicas, they decided, would be used for educational displays in schools and local museums, promoting cultural heritage.

The task proved to be more challenging than they had anticipated. Duplico, while miraculous in its ability to replicate objects, had limitations. The size of the objects it could replicate was restricted, and maintaining the details in larger objects was difficult. Moreover, the replicas, though stunningly accurate, would vanish after several hours.

As they grappled with these challenges, the group also faced the daunting task of managing their limited finances. They needed materials for the replication process, and although the costs were not exorbitant, they were not insignificant either.

Nadia, meticulous and organized, kept track of every expense. "We need to be mindful of our budget. We can't afford to overspend."

Their endeavors were not without mishaps. One afternoon, while attempting to replicate a complex batik design, the group accidentally created a series of comically misshapen replicas. The incident, while initially frustrating, ended up being a source of much-needed laughter, lightening the mood and strengthening their bond.

It was during one of these early production trials that they first truly realized the depth of what they had stumbled upon. The garage, normally filled with the sounds of their work and chatter, fell eerily silent. The air grew cold, and the light dimmed as if a cloud had passed over the sun.

They looked around, a sense of dread growing in the pit of their stomachs. The slime, which had been inert, suddenly pulsed with a vibrant light, casting eerie shadows on the walls.

A voice, otherworldly and resonant, filled the garage. "The guardians watch. Tread carefully, children of the earth."

The message was cryptic, sending a chill down their spines. They looked at each other, their eyes wide with fear and confusion.

Afiq, trying to maintain a semblance of normalcy, said, "We need to be cautious. There's more to Duplico than we realized."

Their determination, however, did not waver. They continued their work, more mindful of the unexplained phenomena surrounding their venture.

As they navigated these early challenges, their understanding of business deepened. They learned about cost management, resource allocation, and the value of customer feedback. But more importantly, they learned about resilience, teamwork, and the importance of balancing ambition with caution.

One afternoon, as they were discussing their next steps, an unexpected visitor arrived at the garage. It was Pak Harun, the elderly craftsman. His eyes, wise and knowing, scanned the room before settling on the group.

"I've heard about your endeavor," he said, his voice gentle yet firm. "You tread on a path intertwined with the old ways. Be mindful of the forces you awaken."

His words, though spoken softly, carried a weight that hung heavily in the air. He left them with a parting piece of advice, "Respect the past as you forge the future."

As Pak Harun departed, the group sat in silence, contemplating his words. The connection between their business, the slime, and the cultural heritage of their land was becoming increasingly evident.

That night, as they closed up the garage, a sense of accomplishment mixed with apprehension filled the air. They had overcome their initial challenges, but the path ahead was shrouded in mystery and uncertainty.

Their journey had begun as a simple business venture, but it was quickly evolving into something much larger. They were not just entrepreneurs; they were custodians of a legacy that bridged the modern world with ancient traditions.