𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐇

↳ ❝ [𝑰𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉, 𝒉𝒆 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒅 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒉𝒊𝒎] ¡! ❞

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

┢ "You are telling me that you are going to break her by doing that!?"

Theodore Nott sent an incredulous look to his best friend. Draco met his gaze with the same sardonic smirk that had been present when he initially revealed his plan to Theodore.

"Yeah, that's how you break her." He uttered, glancing at Hermione who was sitting beside Harry Potter on the front bench.

Pure chaos surrounded him; Slytherins and Gryffindors were paired up for their Potions lesson. However, as the sound of Snape's cape echoed down to the dungeons, the class fell into sheer silence.

Severus Snape smirked mentally when he saw the impact he caused in the students but didn't show one line of his thoughts on his face.

Harry gave an exasperated eye roll at the mere face of the potions' professor which gladly escaped the view of Snape's vision.

Snape's black eyes scanned the class.

"You are now entering a phase where mediocrity is less tolerable. The stakes are higher, and so are my expectations. Precision, attention to detail, and the ability to follow instructions are crucial.For those who lack these qualities, I suggest you reconsider your ambitions." He then turned to Neville, who was attempting to open his parchment but ended up tearing it. "Longbottom, your grasp of the basics is deplorable. Five points from Gryffindor for your lack of finesse. It's a wonder you made it to the third year. You have the distinct talent of turning a simple potion into a hazardous concoction. Perhaps you'd benefit from remedial lessons." He sneered, causing a few snickers among the Slytherins.

As Snape continued his lecture, Draco seemingly engrossed in paying attention to him, surreptitiously stole glances at Hermione. She was furiously scribbling quill across parchment, meticulously recording every detail Snape spoke.

Harry could only be grateful to god for Snape not looking at his or Ron's way.

Snape swiftly waved his wand in the air and conjured detailed instructions on the board—ingredients, preparation steps, and intricacies of the potion.

Hermione nudged Harry to note it down alongside her. Despite his reluctance, Harry begrudgingly started jotting down the information, attempting to keep pace with Snape's fast-paced lecture.

As the class prepared to gather their ingredients, Hermione started heading toward the locker. However, Harry intercepted her, holding her wrist gently. "I'll get the ingredients. You focus on the instructions," he whispered.