chapter 16: secrets and deception

Start from the beginning

"kobeni!!!" kobeni flinched as arai grabbed her shoulders, gripping them tightly and looking straight into her eyes. "Don't care about it, if we weren't together we'd probably both die!!

Kobeni: "but...but..."

Arai: "it's okay!kobeni...you're amazing! please don't blame yourself!"

Arai had a trembling smile on his face

Kobeni: "th-thanks, I guess"

________________________

am 11:48

The war with the unknown terrorists is over.

Miraculously, no deaths were reported.

The terrorists were defeated by mysterious forces before they could kill the other demon hunters

Most of the demon hunters in the Tokyo department gave up after this attack.

____________________________

Aki slowly woke up, opened her eyes and turned her head to where Denji, Power and Pochita were sitting. Denji chewed on an apple while reading a manga, while Power was staring at the apple longingly.

Power:"give me the apple!!"

Denji: "Go get it from the basket"

Power: "no! give me your apple!"

Aki: "hey..."

Everyone stiffened when aki spoke.

Aki: "Did anyone...in team 4 die?"

Denji: "no one died"

Aki: "huh?!"

Aki opened her eyes wide and looked at Denji with a surprised face.

Aki: "re-really?"

Denji: "yeah, except for me, himeno and scarface guy who were all injured, no one died, but most people gave up after this incident"

Aki didn't say anything, just remained silent

"well...we're leaving, have a good rest" denji hugged pochita and left with power, he left the apple basket for aki.

Aki: "denji, can you stay for a bit?"

Denji stopped, letting the power out first.

Denji: "What's wrong?"

Aki: "you...are a devil?"

Aki looked at denji with a serious face. At this question, denji just sighed.

Denji: "You're the second person to ask me this question. I'm human, that's all."

Denji left leaving aki sitting on the hospital bed, he stared at the door for a moment then picked up the nail sword and pulled it out.

Aki:"curse...how much do I have left?"

A dark shadow appeared behind him.

Demon curse: "two years"

Aki's hand shook as he put down the sword. He sighed, reached for the cigarette pack and lighter. He pulled out the lighter, brought the cigarette to his lips and lit it a few times.

In the light emitted from the lighter, he seemed to be able to see himeno's face.

In that moment, he saw again the image of himeno injured and covered in blood.

You're so useless.

No matter how much effort you put in, you won't achieve anything.

He's too weak to protect himself, let alone protect himeno.