16 | Engagement 💍

Start from the beginning

I come out of my train of thoughts when my dad pulls my elbow.

"What are you doing standing here, go help her to climb up the stage!" He said pushing me.

"Jija ji aap toh abhi hi kho gaye apni hone wali patni ki khoobsurti me" Akanksha didi teased me as she helped Ashi to climb up, making my ears red.
(Dear brother-in-law, you're already lost in your wife-to-be's beauty)

I held Ashi's hand in mine, pulling her onto the stage gently, and stood In the middle of the stage.

"You look really beautiful" I complimented her.

"You look hot," She said and I smirked. She widens her eyes realizing what she said. "I- I mean-"

"Thanks, I know I look hot." I smile when I see her roll her eyes.

After some time everyone leaves the stage except me and Ashi, as instructed by the photographers, to have our moment.

I love him!

Not in a dirty way! I am straight.

I saw my sister, Sanya standing on my right with a tray in her hands, with a ring box.

I took the ring and turned towards Ashi. I heard her gasp as I knelt on my knee, holding the ring between my thumb and forefinger.

"Ashi, this was not the situation I had imagined to propose to you in. I just want you to hear out my part of what happened 5 years ago and I am sure all of your anger will wash away." I looked at the ring and then back at Ashi. "I promise to treat you like a queen, that you are, for the rest of my life and love you infinitely for the rest of my life. Will you bless me by being Mrs. Ashi Vansh Malhotra?" I hear her chuckle at the last part.

"Y-yes" She nods and I hear everyone hoot as I make her wear the ring on her left finger and kiss it.

I stand up on my feet and I see Ashi holding a ring between her fingers. I forward my right hand and she places her hand left hand under mine and makes me wear the ring on my finger with her right hand.

I hug her with my arms circling her waist and her arms around my neck. I smile as I hear the song 'Congratulations and Celebrations' with everyone hooting and whistling.

"I love you, Ashi." I pull away not before placing a kiss on her forehead. My smile widens when I see a small smile on her lips.

We are progressing.

"Have some sweets." Ashi's mother offers and I pick a piece of the barfi out of the box she was holding but stopped when I heard Ashi.

"No no! Not this one. The other piece please." She says shaking her head. "I don't want to have this one"

"Why what's wrong with this one? It's the same flavor." Her mother says and I nod in agreement.

"Please" She blinked her eyelashes vigorously looking at me.

"Okay," I say and pick another piece out of the same box and feed her. She immediately had it.

I see, she's still a fan of sweets.

"You also feed him." Aunty offers the box to Ashi.

I raise my eyebrow when I see Ashi holding up the same piece of sweet she had refused to eat, in front of my mouth.

Something's fishy.

"Have it." She says with a smirk playing on her lips.

I opened my mouth in order to only take a bite but she had something else planned.

I smile as I gulp it down. It was filled with salt. It tasted as if it was only made of salt. Eww!!

I see Ashi staring at me, waiting for a reaction but try my best to not let Ashi know that I hate it.

It's disgusting as hell!

"How is it?" She asked me with a tight smile.

"I- It's so sweet. I love it." I try my best to keep the smirk on my face as I hear her gasp. "Can I have one more?"

"No! Too much sweet isn't good for you." She says holding up her palm. "I meant generally."

I sigh and look around for something to help me to get rid of the taste. I look at Ashi when I hear her clear her throat.

"Have this. It'll help" I take the glass of Thumbs Up that she was holding and gulp it down in a go. It felt so much better. "I am sorry, I forced you to have it."

"It's okay."

"Here" Shiv, one of my old friends said with a wink, holding a glass of whiskey.

"Wanna have some?" I offered her.

She looks at the glass and then at me. I raise my eyebrows in question.

"How do I make sure that you haven't mixed anything in it?"

I take a sip and then forward it to her "See, I haven't mixed anything"

She hesitantly takes the glass. She sniffs before taking a sip. Her forehead relaxes when she realizes there isn't anything mixed.

She takes two more small sips before handing it back to me. "Thanks"

Soon all the relatives came up on the stage to get some pictures clicked, making our jaws hurt because of continuously smiling. Later we had dinner, discussed a few things about the wedding, and left from there before wrapping up the function.

*~*~*~

Hey guys! How are you all? 💝

I hope you guys liked this chapter ❤️ As promised, I will try my best to update this story in between as much as I can 💕

Don't forget to vote ⭐️
Thank you for reading 🫶🏼